Chapter 4: Out of the orphanage...

I swear, at that shocking moment I got completely paralyzed... I fell to my feet, and for the first time in my life, I really felt like letting the wave of my hot tears out...
" No, it's a nightmare" I was whispering to myself, "NO!" my despair was enormous... It was our director's body lying on the floor, his inner organs were torn from were they had to be, the blood was rushing with a great force... I, I did not understand, who, who on earth would assassinate this saint person!? For the last time, I have decided to look in his charming, evergreen eyes, but wait, they were no green anymore... The rough shade of red was now dominate in his eyes, previously green and adorable, they were now almost supplicating for immediate rescue from the unknown torment... My vision went blurry, I shut my eyes, feeling as tears, that were just as warm as his soul, rolling down, in an unstoppable stream.. "Stop," I said to myself. There was something odd that I caught with the edge of my eye... Black, fat feathers were resting on his neck. "Ravens?" I asked myself a bit confused. What do they have to do with all this?..
The next moment I knew, I was shouting all over, calling for help! The whole orphanage was awake instantly. I had no time to waste, I went over to my bed, and my eyes went shut, my body was exhausted... The rest was just the thing that the doctor have ordered for me...
The loud horn was honked in the morning waking us up, still, reminding of the recent tragedy... We lost our leader, we lost our hope... Besides, George wasn't here for the whole night after they discovered him in the kitchen...
Once all of us were in the hall, it was clear that all the people were concerned with our potential future. A group of 17 years old orphans have even started the protest, asking the following questions: "What will this all lead us to?!"; " You can explain nothing, so why would you still tell us what to do?!"l; "We are leaderless - we are soulless". It became clear that the rebellion was coming up soon. That is the reason why Ms. Begham have announced the following:
" Today, we are all in the deep sorrow!" she have started with confidence, " We shall keep up, for now we obtained a new rising leader for once more!" Ms. Begham added.
Murmurs and gossips have risen like a dust cloud.
" That have been decided, and all the attempts of appealing against the decision will be unnoticed!" she hurried to add on to her words.
" Today however, you are going to leave for the expedition, trust me it will make a good impact on all you"
"Who in the world cares about the expedition?" I though to myself. However, Ms. Begham had left the stage soon, and for once in my life I felt guilty for treating her so roughly... When we have finished the supper, we have been called to the veranda, where Ms. Dorothy was patiently waiting for our approach...
"Gather around here all of you!" She announced with a slight smile.
I was looking back and forth, looking for George, when finally, at the end of the room, I saw a silhouette of a skinny, twitching boy coming at me. God, it was George! It felt as though all his enthusiasm and might have been sucked out..
"What has happened to you?!" I asked with the feeling of guilt, because deep inside, I knew, that because of me all this have happened to him...
"Don't you dare to give me that pitying look" he said violently interrupting the awkward silence.
" So, are you... are you coming with us?" I asked.
"No, I got a day long detention for today. I got to go, have fun..."
"Bye then, and I apologize for once more..." I squeezed the last part through my clenched teeth.
"No need to, there is no offense..." he finished the conversation shortly, but that last phrase made my soul feel much more innocent...
Then, they made us stay in one straight column,as we were walking out of the orphanage, feeling not seek, but blue.