Chapter 6

The morning sunrise had hit Gromit's eyes as he quietly stirred as if he had trouble opening his eyes. He slowly got up and rubbed his eyes. He then looked at the surroundings as he had seen that he was inside his bedroom. His covers had dirty paw prints scattered across his favourite quilted blanket. His eyes then darted towards the floor. Wallace was fast asleep and curled up into a somewhat partial ball. Gromit was quick to throw a clean blanket at him. Wallace stirred a little before heading back to sleep. Gromit eventually got off the bed and shook Wallace awake. "Ugh." he said with an annoyed growl. Gromit shook him a little harder. "Alright, alright, I'm up lad." He then noticed that he was a bit exposed on Gromit's floor. "Oh!" he tried to cover his shame with the blanket as he was turning red from embarrassment. Gromit rolled his eyes and helped Wallace up. "What on earth did you do last night lad? All I remember is me legs had stopped working and then you covered me with a net." Gromit partially stopped his ranting with a fresh pair of clothes. "Oh thanks but, you have a bit of explaining to do after I get dressed." Wallace shut the door to his room then Gromit walked down the stairs. He found Flipper roaming in the hall to the kitchen. He followed the odd creature into the kitchen as he witnessed the mess he had made. "Oh! There you are! I wanted to ask you if you had seen the cheese anywhere. I do apologise for the amount of rubbish I had created, but the least I could do is help you clean it up." Flipper whined, smiling from ear to ear nervously. Gromit gave a short frustrated look, then began to pick up Flipper's mess.

It was a few short minutes until they had finally cleaned up his mess. Gromit decided to give the little wolf what he wanted. He opened the cabinet on the highest shelf to reveal the large supply of cheese that Wallace owned. Flipper began to climb on Gromit to the cheese. He stood on Gromit's shoulders and began to grab as much cheese that he could hold. The growing weight began to make Gromit wobble a bit as he tried to hold balance. Just as Flipper had grabbed enough cheese, Gromit then fell backwards with Flipper losing all the spread he was holding. Gromit and Flipper popped up from under the large amounts of cheese. Flipper then scrambled greedily for the broken chunks of cheese that was scattered about. "Thanks lad! Oh and I have been working on the containment option. If you mind, I would like to show you the process." He then began to lead Gromit into the basement. He set down the cheese on an empty table. Each individual piece and crumb began to roll away, even off of the table. Flipper then ran towards the new device he had built. "This is the Reversal-Tronic! It extracts unnatural and bad energy from the victim, or Wallace we should say. Then it drips through into a three layered jar for protection in case it were to shatter and re-enter the host or a different organism. I haven't tested it thoroughly yet, but I assume the time span of this experiment is about- thirty minutes or an hour at most. Hopefully it won't take that long for it to have an effect on the subject." Flipper then held up a spanner then back at the contraption. "Hmm. It seems I am missing a bolt around here somewhere. Would you be a pal and help me find it?" Gromit looked for it on the floor and sure enough, it was right beside the machine almost exactly where it would have fallen off. Gromit picked it up and Flipper was quick to take it out of his grasp. "Many thanks! I will put this back on." He then twisted the bolt onto the machine back onto its place. "There! Now it should be functional again."

Wallace wandered upstairs subtly sniffing the air in the house. "Something smells here. I wonder where that dog could be?" He then honed Gromit's scent then began to walk to the kitchen first. Wallace noticed the mess of cheese crumbs across the floor. He turned his nose up to the horrid scent of the cheese as he wrinkled his nose. "We are going to attract mice at this point. He might be down in the basement as usual. Gromit! Oh, Gromit!" Gromit turned towards the basement steps as Wallace was walking down the steps. Gromit hurriedly tried to hide Flipper as fast as he could. "Listen lad, I want to know why the kitchen has rubbish bits of cheese scattered about. And what had happened last night." His sense of anger had dissipated as he noticed the contraption in front of him. It was a tall machine that had an interconnected set of clear tubing attached to the helmet for the Mind-Swapper-2.0. There were multiple buttons, levers, a hand crank and lots of gauges. The contraption was composed of different mixes of scrap metal from the original machine or what was lying about. Wires and electrical machinery connected into this patchwork machine as it hummed with power. "I see you had taken a bit of time to build something too. What is this machine for lad?" Gromit pointed at him. "For me? What's the matter with me? I would say there is nothing wrong with me, except for the headaches, toothaches, and leg pains. Other than those bothers, I am perfectly fine!" He smiled and a pair of fangs had shone outwards. Gromit quickly pointed at his fangs. "Hmm?" Wallace reached for his now protruding fangs. "Yow!" The sharp points of the fangs had pricked Wallace's finger lightly. He wagged his finger in pain then looked at Gromit once again. Gromit looked for a mirror in the sxcattered rubbish that covered the table. He then found it beside a package of crackers and then showed Wallace's face to himself. Wallace inspected his own image to see that he had a set of fangs protruding his mouth. "Well, look at that. Quite a pair of chompers. I might poke someone's eye out with these things! Or even lose a tongue even." Gromit nodded in agreement. "Am I a vampire, lad?" Gromit looked at him again and shook his head. "Right. I wouldn't have a reflection or even be seen in the daylight." Gromit nodded again. "This might be because of that fish only diet you've got me on. I have been feeling rather sick by just having fish by itself. Nonetheless, might I remind you that the fish ball is tonight and I can't go out with these razors coming out of me mouth." Gromit decided to let the cat out of the bag and show Flipper to Wallace after all this time. Wallace yelped at the wolflike creature as it began to speak. "Oh! Hello! I've been meaning to speak to you for a while now." "Gromit! Put that thing down!" Gromit did as he asked and set Flipper onto the ground. Flipper walked up to Wallace only for him to carefully step back a few more steps. Flipper showed his pawed hand to Wallace as he reluctantly, yet eventually, put his hand into his.