Competition ft. Aika Robredo

A/N: Okay so, I figured out the full equation. Dr. Janine Patricia Gerona Robredo is 28 years old as of now, six years younger than ate Aika, and six years older than the paboritong anak- Her birthdate being July 18, 1994!

------------------------------------------------------------

"Trish?"

"Ate?"

The sisters stand outside your apartment building, confused about running into each other here after two. The older woman holds in her hands flowers and a bottle of champagne while the younger holds flowers and takeout from your favorite restaurant. They eye each other's presents before locking eyes with each other, Aika is the first to break the silence between them as they step into the lobby- Stopping her sister just before they take the stairs.

"Trish, may gusto ka rin sa kanya ano?"

The younger girl sighs, before turning to her sister.

"Oo.."

Aika closes her eyes with resignation in her heart. She knew she'd have competition, but she never expected her own sister. It's not as much as she doesn't like the fact that Tricia likes Y/N, the person's smart, kind, exciting, endearing- All the qualities the person posses makes them downright irresistible. She takes a deep breathe before opening her eyes and smiling encouragingly at her sister.

"Well I guess now we both know.. Tara akyat na tayo."

-----------------------------------------------------------

The doorbell rings and you look towards the door in confusion. You're not expecting anyone, it's your day off and so is the next day and you plan to enjoy it by playing videogames and reading books. Besides it's pretty late for any of your friends to ask you to go out because for you, sunset means "Time to enjoy my indoor peace." So you pray its not anyone who'd ask you to accompany them to a club or a bar, or any sort of night activity. Unless it's a night market, then you could be convinced otherwise.

You peak through the peephole and you find your friends Aika and Tricia. Without hesitation, you turn the lock and open the door to be greeted with smiles from the sisters, who raise the items in their hands before loudly greeting you. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" An unbelieving laugh escapes you and you usher them inside and give each of them a tight hug in gratitude. Tricia hands you the bouquet she was carrying after you pull away from her sister, and you smile at her in thanks.

You usher them both into the living room, telling them to put the champagne and food on the coffee table, you also tell them to make themselves comfortable before excusing yourself to find a vase for Tricia's flowers.

Tricia gets to work on unpacking the food she brought while Aika raids your kitchen for glasses that the three of you could use. You return to the sisters seated on your couch in silence while waiting for you, both heads turn to you after your entry into the living room and the two stand up in synch.

They smile at you before they each taking up a task: Aika pops open the bottle and pours all three of you a glass, while Tricia hands you a plate with a spoon as you walk closer to the table. She hands one to her sister as well, after the older woman finishes pouring your drinks. The three of you get to work in taking portions of food before sitting back down.

"I'm surprised naalala niyo birthday ko. Isang beses ko lang minention yun which was when I first met each of you."

They both seem shocked for a moment- Like kids caught in a silly lie. Aika hangs her head low with a hand covering her mouth while she lets out a single cough, her face heats up but Tricia keeps her cool despite being unable to hide the wide smile that appears on her face. She speaks without breaking eye contact with you. "Ganun talaga pag attentive ka sa tao. You remember the little details, hindi ba?" She softly elbows her sister, who looks up and shoots you a tight lipped smile and a nod before she takes in a spoonful of food.