Chapter 1: Just a Friend

Summary:

[PART 3]

This is it!

Slipknot are going on their first, ever world tour! And as the band prepares for their tour, Sallie Knight struggles to keep it together. It seems as though IOWA has returned, and he's far more formidable than ever before.

Not only that, but a few old rivals make a return all while Corey is out of the country. With TORQUE and Simon by her side, can Sallie tolerate these rivals as well as battling with herself?

Thankfully, some old family-friends makes an appearance...

Notes:

HUZZAH, IT IS HERE! Part 3 of my Slipknot Fanfic series! <3 Here we go, guys! Man, have I've got loads planned for this part!

Just a few friendly reminders!
----
Beautiful front cover of HOPELESS by @supertracpac.

Thank you for your godly work! <3
------
As you know, with ALL Slipknot-related fanfictions, these situations and characters are inspired by real events and real people, BUT DO NOT REFLECT them in anyway, shape or form. I am merely taking them and twisting it for fictional purposes. So please regard this as a fictional story created by a slipknot fan and an idiot that needed a way out of her mind.

All events and times and such are not true to the actual facts, just manipulated a little for the sake of a story, so it won't be truly dedicated to the history of Slipknot.

Thank you, and please enjoy~!

WARIO-GIRL

HOPELESS

Chapter 1: Just a Friend

Iowa, March 1996

Sallie stared, each passing second becoming apparent as the colour drained from her face. Corey watched her carefully, knowing somewhat what she was thinking of, but at the same time, he wasn't entirely sure what was going through her mind.

"What?" She choked, barely able to speak through the dam of her shock. Corey gave her a small, helpless smile.

"I'm sorry, Sal." Corey hushed calmly, placing his hands on her arms, rubbing them kindly. "There was nothing I can do."

"Was there not?" Mick's voice boomed behind them. Corey glanced over his shoulder at the giant, who was watching the pair of them intensely, noting the rapid change in Sallie. "Surely you could have tried harder."

"I did." Corey sighed deeply, shaking his head. "But Nina said-"

"Barbie is coming along." Mick stated matter-of-factly. "Why can't Sallie come along? You could have asked." It was as if Mick was hinting at something...

"I did," Corey insisted, his voice becoming tense. "When I was trying to-"

Sallie snatched herself away from Corey, storming away from him. And his heart dropped when he saw her marching back towards the office. "Sal!" He ran after her, but she was relentless, grabbing the doorhandles of pushing them open, entering the office.

Nina sat behind her desk, typing manically on her computer, and paused to glance up from her glasses to see the startling appearance of Sallie, seeing her storm towards her desk.

"I admire the entrance, darling. But I would appreciate a knock first." There was no bitterness in her voice. Far from it. But Sallie took it as enough to point an accusing finger at her.