Unnamed entry- year 854

Hello! I'm sorry if I don't write good. I'm only four and mama is still having the nice farmer man teach me.

Today mama gave me this book. She said it was my papa's before he left. Mama said that papa left to go fight four years ago. Mama said he hasn't come back since he's still fighting.

Mama tells me that papa was really nice to her and their friends. I'm sad I never saw papa before he left. One good thing is my Aunt Mika and Uncle Levi helps mama take care of me.

I like Aunt Mika more than Uncle Levi. He scared me even though he's small. Aunt Mika is nice though she plays with me and my friends on the farm. Uncle Levi always cleans and it's funny seeing him get mad at the farmer man for not doing good.

Mama was reading some of what papa wrote and she read my name in it. I asked mama why my name was in papa's book and she said my name was one of papa's very good friends.

Mama said Mia was a special person to my papa before she also left. Mama also said I should write in papa's book like he did. Mama didn't say why but she seemed sad.

Maybe papa is coming home soon and he wants to see how good I can write. I can make papa proud. Mama might still miss papa and doesn't know he's coming home yet. Maybe it's a secret Aunt Mika and Uncle Levi are keeping from her.

I wonder what papa looks like? Mama says I have papa's eyes and her hair. The nice farmer man doesn't like when mama talks about papa. He said she should forget him.

Why would mama forget papa? Papa didn't do anything bad. Papa just left to fight. Mama says that maybe papa will come back one day.

Oh wait it's nap time. I hope papa is proud with what I wrote in his book. I can't wait for papa to come back one day so I can meet him.