Chapter 13

Joe had just arrived at the venue when he heard the heels clicking down the hallway. He turned to find Stevie standing before him.

"She knows now." She said, and he understood exactly what she meant. "I told her."

"Okay." He nodded.

"She doesn't want to see you. At least not right now. She asked me to come and tell you. She says maybe one day she'll want answers, but right now, no. She asked me to tell you to please not contact her until she's ready."

"That's fine. I never wanted to disrupt her life."

"Joe, you disrupted her life from the moment you decided to leave me when I was pregnant with her. You can't keep using that to justify what you did. And now you have to deal with it – on HER terms." Stevie told him. "I imagine she will be ready at some point. But not right now. So, you have to wait."

"I can do that. I won't reach out." He nodded.

"And when she's ready? Will you come?"

"I will." He confirmed.

"Okay. I'll let her know." She turned to go, but he called out her name.

"Congratulations, Stevie. You raised a really great kid." He told her. At this, Stevie smiled warmly.

"I know I did. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to do that." She spoke. He only nodded in response, and her heels went clicking back down the hall. As he watched, Mick Fleetwood came into view, offering Stevie his arm, and the two walked off together.