Chapter two

"Why?!" Rachel groaned as she covered the phone with her hand. "Promise me you are not gonna be on that phone the entire holiday." Sonya, Christian's wife said as she helped him put on his coat. "I'm not. That was Rach. And you do realize I'm in the middle of a campaign, right?" Christian said to her as their two kids were running out of the house with their eldest son holding their youngest daughter's stuffed bunny. "Give me that bunny!" "No." They argue as Sonya and Christian continue to talk about spending time with family. "But family time is important too, which is why you have a campaign manager. Besides, it's only a week. Promise me we'll have fun at your dad's." "I promise." Just then his phone starts ringing again, with Sonya scoffing at him while he was reassuring her he was turning it off.

Back at the house, Walter was on a call with his younger son, Evan. "I thought you were getting here last night?" He asked as he bumped his head with pots and pans surrounding him before he rubbed his head. "Well, the coach dropped another practice on us and I promised Y/N I would pick her up because her car broke down and she doesn't have anyone else to drive her there." Evan said. "Oh, how is she?" Walter's face lit up as he started talking about Y/N as he and Grace, his late wife, had known her since she was four. She and Evan had been childhood sweethearts and their families were best friends, but her parents passed away when she was nineteen. She graduated high school and started going to college at Yale University and majoring in journalism.

"She good. She's still majoring in journalism and writing." Evan stated. "Well, tell her i said hi." Walter said before he hung up with Evan as his coach wanted to talk to him. "Got an early Christmas gift. Shoulder's good as new. You can finally get off those meds and back on the field because you've been cleared for the bowl game!" His coach said, excited, placing his arm around Evan's shoulder. "Yes! 88's back in the building yo! Oh, thank you coach." Evan thanked his coach, giving his coach a handshake as a thank you. "Listen, I am really proud of all the hard work you've been putting in lately. And I know that this is gonna be your first holiday at home since..." The coach stopped at the ending as he was about to mention Evan's mom. "Coach, you know what? I'm really good. I'm good." Evan put on a fake smile at his coach. "All right. Happy holidays." His coach said. "Yeah, same." Evan watched as his coach walked away from him and made an announcement with the other players. As Evan watched him go, he popped open a pill bottle and took two pills before swallowing them.

At the rental cars, Lonnie, a doofus with a roving eye who never stops boasting about his ancient pro basketball career in Croatia was showing off his ring to the lady who was giving him and Cheryl their rental car. "I love how the ring just glimmers. See? When the light hits it? I was a champion in Croatia. You know I played in the NBA also? 1991, Seattle SuperSonics. I made the last shot in the playoffs. They called me Lonnie "Shatao" Maclay. You know what Shatao is? Shatao is the sound that the ball makes when it goes through the net. Shatao! Like, Shatao!" Lonnie was shooting up in the air and kept saying shatao. "So would you like a midsize or a sedan?" The woman asked, pretty annoyed and tired of Lonnie. "Could I get a little help here Lonnie, huh?!" Cheryl asked as she was struggling with carrying both hers and Lonnie's bag. "A sedan." Lonnie replied. "What are you talking about over there?" Lonnie then went back to the woman and gave her his basketball card as an "early Christmas gift."

Back at the Myers house, May, Grace's younger sister was the first one to arrive at the house. She is a background singer and loves spoiling everyone in the family. "May Devereaux, Johnson, Davis...Shit, there were a lot of them. I am here. And how's my favorite brother-in-law?" She asked as she put her hands on her hips. "May, I'm your only brother-in-law." Walter reminded her. "Well, lucky you. Damn I forgot how old you are." The two suddenly hugged before May started looking around the house, presumably for some alcohol. "Well. I'm going to go into the kitchen and cook something up for everyone when they get here." May said before going into the kitchen to find some food. "As long as I don't have to eat it. Walter joked. "Walter Myers you know the food I cook is good shit. You've been eating that bad shit, that's why your ass looks so frail." May argued back and went to the kitchen to make some food.