Revelation

[Warnings: Graphic details of a dead body]

Song recommendation:
Transgender - Crystal Castles (slowed)

Enjoy <3

__________

"Can you walk any slower?"

You choose to ignore Jean's comment as you follow him through the spacious garage, eyes set on the ground before you. From the corner of your eye, you can see him occasionally glance back to make sure you weren't straggling behind.

With a sigh, you look down at the file folder you're holding. You'd been anticipating this investigation since your meeting with Levi a few hours ago, and your mind was filled with both excitement and worry.

Normally, you would have already complained to Eren about the way you were feeling, and he would know exactly how to relieve your stress. However, that not being an option, you were hopelessly stuck with these disconcerting emotions.

"Come on, y/n, we don't have all day!" Jean's whiny voice echoes through the garage, and you scurry over to retort.

"I wasn't even walking that slow," you argue, furrowing your brow.

Jean looks at you in silence for a few seconds, fishes through his pocket, then turns around and continues walking.

"That's fine," he says, raising his hand up to reveal the keys to your black Chevrolet Suburban, "I'll be the one driving, anyway."

You scoff, stopping in your tracks. "Hey, I was supposed to be driving!"

"Keywords: 'supposed to'. Too bad the keys are currently in my possession, mon chou," Jean remarks, turning to look at you with a sneer.

"I swear to god, you are such a pain in the ass!"

"Don't say that, you know you love me."

You hold back your barrage of insults as you see the keys being snatched from Jean's hand, leaving him frozen in place.

"You can stop your fussing, now, I'm driving," you hear, and you look over to see Dr. Hange spinning the keys on their fingers.

You look at the ground in embarrassment, mumbling a "sorry" in Hange's direction, and Jean snorts at your shame.

"I call shotgun," Jean shouts as he races to the passenger seat of your car.

"I should be there! It's my car, after all, and I don't want Hange or you to wreck it." You roll your eyes.

With a huff, Jean lets you get in the passenger, and he reluctantly gets in the back. He sits in the middle seat and quickly gets comfortable by spreading his legs and putting his arms around the other two headrests.

"Have you seen my car? She's a beauty 'cause I know how to drive, unlike you," Jean brags as he slumps in the leathered seat.

"We get it, she's your baby. Now, shut up, we're on a tight schedule," you sigh as you look out the window to distract yourself.

Hange adjusts the seat and mirror, complaining that they were too cramped. They finally start up the car and make their way out of the parking garage. Their driving makes you anxious; you simply hope they don't curb rash when they turn on corners. You hold your head in your hands, dreading looking up.