31. Verdict

Mckelty's P.O.V.

As we sit in the makeshift trial room, my palms become sweaty. Julian notices and puts his arm around my shoulder and pulls me close.

"Things will go how they are supposed to, just stay calm." He mentally tells me, I lean my head on his shoulder, and lightly nod.

"I'm hoping mine and Parker's testimony were enough to make sure they aren't set free." I mentally say.

"Think Declan and Cleo will get here in time to hear the verdict?" Julian mentally asks, I look at him and shrug. Everyone begins to talk over one another, as the surviving members of the eradicated Silver Crescent pack are brought into the room. Everyone boo's and hisses at them as they are placed behind a table in front of the judges stand.

"All rise for the presiding judge on this matter, his Majesty Alpha Edgar Pierce." The head guard of Elder Edgar states, as we all stand, the main doors to the room open, everyone looks back to the door, and a smile forms on my face as Declan and Cleo walk into the room. Everyone goes quiet, as we watch them walk down the walkway and stand next to myself, Julian, and Parker once they get to us.

"Good to see you guys back, we weren't sure you two would make it in time to hear the verdict." Julian mentally states, Cleo nervously smiles, then comes over to me and hugs me. When we pull out of our hug, Cleo lightly places her hand on my stomach, and I feel her thumb rub against it.

"We needed a few days to ourselves. Seems you guys kept the pack together while we were on our little getaway." Declan mentally says, Parker comes up next to myself and Cleo, Cleo looks down at him and hugs him around the waist.

"I'm gone for two days and you grow at least half a foot while I'm gone." Cleo mentally exclaims as she looks down at Parker. Parker smiles and hugs Cleo around the waist a little tighter.

"Be seated." Alpha Edgar says, we turn our attention to the front and sit down, Cleo sits next to me, while Declan sits next to her, and Parker sits on the other side of Declan.

"Now, as it was discussed with counsel, today will be the final day of the trial proceedings, that have been taking place over the past few months. The verdict that is to be read, will in fact be the only verdict. Once it is read, sentencing will follow immediately after." Alpha Edgar explains, as the court room goes completely silent.

"Mister foreman of the pack jury, have you and the jury reached a verdict and sub-sequential sentence for this matter?" Elder Edgar asks as he tiredly looks at the jury. The foreman stands, looks to Cleo and Parker, then looks back at Elder Edgar.

"Yes we have, your Majesty." The foreman answers as he hands he decision paper to the head of Elder Edgar's security team. The head of security takes the paper and walks up to Elder Edgar, hands the paper to him, then stands next to the judges stand. Elder Edgar looks at the verdict paper with a face of stone, nods, then looks up at the crowd gathered in the room.

"Will the accused please stand?" Elder Edgar asks, the five that sit at the table, nervously stand.

"The verdict is as follows; we the jury of the Blood Moon pack, of sound mind here and after declare the accused guilty, on all charges pertaining to the victims." Cheers erupt, former Luna Natalya, her two sons, and her youngest sons two friends all bow their heads. The former Luna let's out an agonizing scream. I look to Cleo and Parker and they sit stoned faced, but both have tears stinging their eyes, threatening to fall.

"Order, I will have order in this court session." Elder Edgar yells, then bangs his gavel. The whole room goes quiet, and I watch as the former Luna turns her head, and peeks at Cleo through her hair. Cleo puts her eyes to her lap, to avoid looking at her.