Chapter 1: Assassionation

Anchihiro kneeled down low in the brush. His pulse raced. The stench of the undergrowth and creature filled his nostrils. A wooden bow lay in his grasp. The trees formed a dark canopy above him. His keen eyes pierced through the night to what he was sent for, an assassination. He had been stalking the elf all day. He lay there not expecting a predator to come calling. Anchi was a hunter, and his prey was the elf. The scent of the elf made Anchi snarl. He could feel his wolf instincts clawing their way out. What was he waiting for? Why didn't he go in for the kill? The game was right there.

His golden eyes remained fixed on the elf. He knocked one arrow, yet he continued to wait. He stroked the phoenix feathers that lay on the end. There was a faint rustle in the leaves as the wind blew past him. The animal inside continued to gnaw at him. Yet he kept it tamed. He remained perfectly still for what seemed an eternity.
Anchi took aim at his target. He steadied his aim, then exhaled. His breath made tendrils in the air. He let loose the arrow with pinpoint accuracy.

As the arrow flew through the air a light broke through the trees, illuminating the space. As quickly as it came it left, but it's effect still lasted. The elf woke up and leaped from where he was laying. The arrow landed right where his head had been.

The elf looked straight at where Anchi was hiding. Shock and terror filled his eyes as Anchi stood up. "Who are you," shrieked the elf his voice trembling. Anchi remained silent. "Why are you attacking me?" Anchi raised his bow and took aim again. His next arrow had already been knocked. The elf spun around and ran. Anchi, who seemed quite cool on the surface, was itching to get this done, and in a brutal way.

He dropped his bow and began sprinting after the elf. He gave into the animal inside him and transformed. His seemingly human appearance changed to a wolf's. Ebony fur covered him. His predatory instincts completely took over. The elf was swift, but he was faster. The elf was smart, but in the end the predator comes out on top.

Anchi raced through the forest and cut of the elf. The elf was frozen in horror as he closed in. The elf was whimpering in fear. Anchi pounced on him, attacking him, and killing him.

Anchi stepped back, changing back to a human. He gazed down at the elf in horror. This creature, known as noble, lay dead. Anchi could still taste the blood in his mouth. His job was done, but damage was caused him too. He gave in yet again to the beast that lay inside him. Another was killed, not by Anchi, but by a monster.

He turned and ran far away from that area. He had to get the image out of his head. It was too much like before. He had to get away from himself. Find somewhere safe and solitary. Somewhere he couldn't hurt anyone like that again. From the fragments he remembered he could still see the fear in the elf's eyes. That fear, he had seen it before. It was in their eyes. Anchi came across a cave. From a quick inspection he could tell it was uninhabited.

He crouched down in the corner and held his arms close. He could still feel dry blood on his hands, he just didn't want to see it. If he didn't have to look he wouldn't have to think about it. The feeling, however, would not leave him, and the memories of those he killed wouldn't go away from him. Their blood was a stain on his soul. His animal wouldn't be controlled. All he could do was hide and hope no one ever found him. He closed his eyes, but the memories of the day didn't leave him.