Pilot

It's a beautiful day outside, the rays of dusty sunlight shining past the dark curtains of your room, reaching your eyes to rouse you awake.

Eventually, you did get up. The subtle cracks and pops of your previously motionless joints were clearly heard in the quiet room as you stretched. While still not fully awake, you managed to get on your feet. You checked the time;

9:02 A.M

Pretty early considering it was the weekend, but that only meant it was the perfect time to make breakfast. You knew you could definitely go for some Coffee right now though, then you could make eggs, bacon, or anything you felt like munching on. Maybe your parents would like pancakes, if they weren't already awake of course.

You went downstairs, smelling no evidence of your parents culinary skills, nor even hearing a whisper. You glanced outside through a window and saw that the car was gone. Must be some kind of emergency, since your dad was a sheriff and your mom was a journalist. Neither of them worked on Saturdays unless something happened that needed one of their attentions. Despite the fact they could be busy, you figured giving them a call to see if they were alright would be a fine reason to interrupt them.

You pulled your phone out of your pocket, and called your Dad. Your mom was infamous for not always answering the phone, very much unlike your reliable father. It rang for a moment, then he answered.

"Y/N! Good morning, sunshine!"

You could hear loud wind in the background; He probably was driving with the windows down.

"G' morning Dad! I just wanted to call to see where you guys were at. Just making sure everything's ok."

"Yup, we literally just left a few minutes ago. I didnt know you were awake! Me and your mother are headed to the 'Seaside Spectacular'; It's that big Gala event at the City Center. Did I ever tell you about that?"

Ah, that's right. Dad got invited by the mayor because they're good friends, and Mom must be there too. The Spectacular is this big party they put on every year, celebrating all the important people or whatever in Oceanview City. You couldn't go; No kids allowed.

"Yeah you told me. It just slipped my mind. Is mom also there?"

You heard a resounding 'Yes' in the phone speaker, confirming your assumptions.

"Well, I wasn't going to leave her behind! Especially since its now an improvised date night. I'm taking your mother out to dinner after the Gala, so you'll have the whole house to yourself!"

You smiled joyously; no parents every once in a while was like a breath of fresh air. You loved them of course, but you know how it is. Then You heard your mother's voice, as cheery as ever.

"Have a good day dear! Also, dont wreck the house please. We love you!"

"Love you guys too! See you later!"

Both of them yelled their final goodbyes together like they normally did, and you hung up the phone. A pet peeve of your Mom is that she just dosent like being the one to hang up first. You dont really care though, since you already said goodbye.

Now, to the subject of breakfast.

You went to the fridge in the kitchen, looking for potential ingrediants to make a decent meal out of. The only ingrediants really breakfast worthy were eggs, sausage, bread, cheese and pancake mix in the cabinet. And no, you dont keep pancake mix and bread in the fridge, thats for weird people who like stale bread. Eggs in a basket with bacon on the side sounded absolutely delicious in your head. There was only six eggs left, and you were pretty hungry, so you took three. Three bread slices and three pieces of bacon fit right in to the mix.