Chapter 22

"What's up guyzz!!", Zafar sat down forcefully shoving Jai to the side on his seat.

"I don't have whatsapp.", Ayesha replied, staring flat at him.

Jai rolled his eyes, cringing hard at her joke.
"Don't even try. Your jokes are horrible..", Zafar said, looking at her.

He took a sip of Jai's coffee that was kept on the table and took a bite of the cookie kept on Ayesha's plate. While the other two was absorbed into their phone, Zafar looked around, greeting the others coming in to the cafeteria.

"Hello.. Popular guy! Give my coffee back.", Jai said, glaring at him.

"It's not even that good. You should try that iced americano. Jojo's speciality..", He shrugged.

"You are complaining now?? Go and get one of your own then..", Jai went back to this phone.

"Who is Joja ??", Ayesha asked.

"Jojo.. our barista. Over there!", Zafar waved at Jojo behind the counter. Jojo waved back at him instantly, almost looking as if they have been friends for decades.

"You both might be buddies as well..", Ayesha said, while he gave her a smug smile. Zafar's ability to befriend anyone was no secret. He was the extrovert in this group while Jai was the opposite. Jai liked opening up to very few people, people who mattered to him.

"Sir.. Iced Americano. Your favourite. Our treat today.", Kabir said, keeping it on the table for Zafar.

The other two focused on Kabir wondering why nobody gives them free coffee while Zafar thanked him.
He waved at the others from their department while Kabir walked towards them.

"Started taking bribes now??", Ayesha asked.

"This is not a bribe. This is Love, Ayesha. Their love for me..", Zafar said, sipping the coffee. He made an annoying sound once the liquid went down his throat, purposefully to irritate Jai.

Zafar noticed Diya and Dipika sitting down at a table across the room.
"I have Office gossip..", He smiled widely.

"What? Tell tell telll.....", Ayesha was interested more than ever now.

"Again??", Jai was surprised.

"Yes.. See that girl over there.", He turned around and discreetly pointed towards Diya.

He nudged Jai to look over as well but he didn't.
"Not interested in your gossip."

"Fine..", He sulked.

"Ohh.. she is from my department. Diya Srinivas. ", Ayesha smiled.

His eyes shot up on hearing the name. He turned around in a jiffy to see her.
"What were you saying??", Jai asked.

"Thought you weren't interested..", Zafar raised his eyebrows.

"Will you finish what you were saying??", Ayesha asked, biting on the cookie.

"That guy who came here to treat me with this coffee, Kabir. He likes her.", Zafar said, smiling widely.

Jai scoffed.

"Omg.. They would make such a cute couple!!!", Ayesha exclaimed.

"I know right..", Zafar smiled.

"That boy is really cute..", Ayesha laughed.

"And Smart..", Zafar added.

"Her designs are really good. One of our best recruits this time.. Very promising.", Ayesha said.

"Stop shipping them.. you both.", Jai said, quite loud.

"You, jealous??", Zafar laughed, pinching his cheek.

"What?"

"Biriya...", Ayesha said, giggling.

"Ewwww..Worst couple name ever.", He shifted in his place.

"Don't tell me.. Jayanti.", Zafar looked at him suspiciously.

"You have a crush on Kabir??", Zafar said, making Ayesha crack up.

"You both are like a bunch of teenagers..", Jai was fed up. He stared at Kabir Sinha for a whole minute. He was quite good looking.
And tall. And probably smart as well. He wondered if Diya knows about it because Zafar's reports were pretty accurate.

"Remember when we shipped Mr.Pandey and Shilpa Ma'am in college...", Zafar said, ignoring him.

"Yesss.. and they got married!!", Ayesha exclaimed.

"And then got divorced!.", Jai asserted and both of them groaned.

"Where did you get this "gossip" of yours??", Jai asked, narrowing his eyes at him.

"My sources. Very reliable ones..", Zafar replied.

"What are these sources then??", Jai asked again, making Ayesha grow suspicious.

"New intern told me.. He heard everyone teasing Kabir about it. What is wrong with you??", Zafar asked.

Jai sighed, while the other two continued with their discussion.
He noticed her walking past their table, talking to Dipika. Her eyes drifted to his side  discreetly to avoid being noticed by others. Their eyes locked for a moment and he winked at her. She shot him a death glare, in an attempt to hide the redness that crept into her cheeks. She beamed at him before walking out.

"What happened to your eyes now ???", Zafar asked, seeing his eye twitch from the winking. Jai prayed silently in his mind, hoping that his popular and intrusive friend  might not have noticed that wink.
He wondered what had gotten into him all of a sudden to pull that off.

"Just some dust... I should go and get some eyedrops..", He said, getting up from his seat to follow her.

"Why do you need eyedrops?? I will blow it out of your eyes!!", Zafar grabbed his arm forcefully, making him sit down again.

He pushed open Jai's eyes with his fingers, before he could protest and blew air into it like a pressure cooker.

"Stop spitting into my eyes!!!", Jai pushed him back.

"Done with your make out session???", Ayesha rolled her eyes.

"Why, jealous now?? What about your online dating guy.?", Zafar snapped at her.

"Why do you care?? I will date whoever I want!", Ayesha protested.

"I don't caree...."

"Okay.. Stop..", Jai stepped in as the mediator as usual, rubbing his eyes profusely.

"Fine.. I am going now.", Zafar got up from his seat.

"Yes.. let's all leave now..", Jai agreed, hoping to find her outside.

____________________________________________

How was the chapter?? 🤸‍♀️

Biriya is Kabir+ Diya.
Incase anyone didn't get it.

Don't forget to vote and comment 🤝

Anyways.. thank you for reading this..
Silent readers as well.. thank you. 🥲

Have a nice day.. 💖

Question for day.
Would you ever join a mission to colonize another planet, if it meant never coming back here??

23.04.2022
Read count : 3.66K