Biggest Struggle

The sun shined down onto the field, my gaze settled on the snow that covered it. I wasn't a fan of winter but I love how the sun glimmered on the snow, it was beautiful. It was my last day here in America, I don't wanna leave but I can't stay. I lived in the country, which was fun since you didn't have many neighbors nearby to bother you.

"Hey, Kuroko, you ready?" a voice behind me asked, I looked around and found my brother standing there, sighing I nodded slightly.
"Yeah, I'm ready even if not mentally" I mumble the last part, my mind going to where I was moving. A boarding school in Russia, since that's where my brother and our uncle works at. Currently it wasn't the best time to move because it was winter, and during winter in Russia it's awful apparently, according to my friend.

"Good, well I hope you'll like it there because it's time to leave" he said softly settling a hand on my right shoulder, I looked at him with a small smile.
"Thanks, Sawyer" I said in a small voice as I look back to the field. This is going to be the hardest thing I've ever done, we'll maybe not the hardest but close. I was moving to a foreign place where I've never been to. How could anyone handle this right after their parents died? Well mine were adoptive, which doesn't make anything easier since I've never met my mother, she died giving birth to me, which makes me the youngest. My brother Sawyer is twenty-one, while I was just going into high school, I always asked Sawyer what mother was like but he always dodged the question.

"Coming?" I hear Sawyers voice farther from me, I nod getting up and walking over the log I was sitting on, the nested into the ground perfectly. I walk over to him and he guides me through the forest we've both been through thousands of times.
"What's it like at the boarding school?" I ask suddenly.

My brother grunts as he almost trips over a tree root. "Well for one, it's going to be way different form here since most people speak Russian then english. So teaching you Russian is going to be the first thing we work on" he explained as we continued to walk further on, I could see the house that set upon the hill in the distance. "And there will be a lot of fights breaking out so be careful around other guys, since you have no muscle and your stature isn't doing anything for you either" he points out with a laugh as we finally got out of the woods.

"I'm not that small!" I argue as we walk up the hill and into the house, there was old furniture and the walls were a warm green color. I sighed as I walk into the kitchen and grabbed a glass, Sawyer went up the stairs to grab my bags. I filled the glass up with water and drank it in a couple of gulps.

Questioning "Do you think that i'll belong there?" my eyes shift to the now empty glass in my hands, I was small with curly black hair and amber eyes. People always said I looked like a girl because of my height being 5'2, even my brother but he saw it as a good thing, don't know how it's a good thing but whatever.

I hear him answer back as he walked down the stairs "Well, seeing as your from America and know nothing about Russia, then probably not in the first few weeks, but you'll soon fit in" I sigh sitting down in the living room on the black leather couch. Fitting in is something I worry about, I believe everyone worries about fitting in.

Sawyer came from the hallway the connects the stairs and the kitchen. He looked down at me with a apologetic expression. But he held a smile either way trying to hide his guilt. "I'm sorry, but it's time to go, Kuroko" He said.

I nodded and got up grabbing my bags and headed out the door. The first thing I saw when I walked out was the hedge that blocked anyones view of the walk way. I smiled as I brushed the tip of my three fingers on the leaves. There was a black car in the drive way, I took a deep breath and let it out slowly as I mentally prepared for this move.

"Ready?" Sawyer asks as he opens the passenger door for me. I nod and hand him my bag and get into the car. He shuts the door and loads the back seats with my luggage. Then he walks around and opens the driver door and gets in and starts the engine. "Well...it's time" he says, then drives out of the driveway and heads to the airport.

827 words