Heart ♥ ❤ ♥ ❤ ♥ ❤ ♥ ❤ ♥ Beat

P.O.V - Oreki

One...Two...Three...

I buried my hands into my pockets as I walked along the busy, bustling streets. It was the weekend, but that was no excuse for the environment to carry on. It continued to be loud and a little annoying - how could those people live like that?

Except I am a man who has an average life.

A life that's not special - A life that's almost dull.

A man who lives a life where he counts his heart beat to check if it's consistent enough to conserve energy.

I am that man.

"Hm...?" I said softly as I looked up, my expression refusing to light up, even at the sight of my friend, Satoshi.

"Houtarou!" he called out, his hand widely waving in the air, a grin on his face. I waved back pathetically, and he chuckled.

"Energy conserving time I see?" he said as he drew closer, I nodded.

"I suppose..." I said with a small sigh. How could I conserve energy these days anyway? It was impossible to do so around such cheerful and colourful people. Satoshi, Chitanda and even Ibara all had such unique, meaningful characters...and it was so tiring to keep up.

Except Chitanda.

Perhaps she was even a character I could deal with.

She was so traditional, so polite and so sensitive - not to mention cute.

"Oh?" Satoshi grinned in satisfaction. "Oreki ~ Your face - it's red. I wonder why?" He hummed and laughed again as I lifted my arm slowly, pushing him slightly.

"No." I simply said.

"Yes." He replied.

"No." I said again, looking away.

Okay, so...One..two..three..!!

It sped up. Dammit, Satoshi. I am supposed to be conserving energy.

"Oi, Oreki." he said with an amused sigh. He buried his hands in his pockets as he stopped in the middle of the street. I stopped too, looking up, some what confused - and dare I say it - curious. "Maybe one day you should try."

"Eh?" I blinked. "Satoshi - I have no idea what you're talking abou-" he interrupted me by tapping my shoulder gently.

"You know! Maybe you should try not to conserve energy. Maybe even Chitanda would appreciate it-" he leaned forward and winked.

I sucked in my breath, my blush darkening and...Satoshi could tell that I was considering it. I was considering it not for my best friend or a peer - but for a girl.

"See you tomorrow~" he said as he waved his hand and ran off again. I sighed and walked towards my door, opening it and yawning as I stretched my arms and called out;

"Oi, I'm hooome-!" and to my pleasure - No response.

* * * * * *

"And, as a group, that's what I think we should do-!" said Ibara with a nod. Satoshi agreed without hesitance, and Chitanda eagerly leaned over the table with those sparkly eyes of hers.

"And, as I can see," her expression grew dull and cold as she look towards me "Oreki has no opinion, yet again." She snarled. I rolled my eyes and looked away.

"I agree." I said with a shrug. I didn't half know what she was saying, but I simply didn't care.

"Oreki......" she snarled again, looking as if she was going to hit me until Satoshi leaned forward and grabbed her hand. She stopped suddenly and blushed, looking at him.

"Oh, satoshi-" she started, her voice sounding rather girlish and innocent.

Wait, why was she so nice to him?

Oh right, I forgot. She had an ever so secret crush on him. Sarcasm.

"- Ibara, I have to show you something - Just you ! It's really cool hm?" he winked and pulled her along. A part from Ibara's helpless excuses, she pretty much let him pull her along.

Leaving me and Chitanda alone.

"D-Dammit...Satoshi..." I said, practically letting my head drop onto the table. I closed my eyes and laid my head on the table. There was a long pause before Chitanda spoke up.

"U-Uh...O-Oreki...?" she said innocently, playing with a strand of her hair as she sat up straight on the chair. I looked up slowly, blinking at her and raising an eyebrow at her classic 'before i'll ask you for a favour which takes a lot of energy from you' pose.

"I...Need to ask a favour o-of you..." she muttered. "I hope you don't mind-"

I knew it.

Yes.

"No." I found myself saying. I blushed a little and so did she. She suddenly leaned forward, pressing her hands against the table. We were getting far too close and I blushed a little more, leaning my head back with a sweat drop along my cheek.

"Chitanda-" I started, before I was interrupted by her shining eyes.

"O-Oreki!! I'm...I-I'm curious!!!" she exclaimed. I shut my eyes tightly - dammit, I had to get myself into this all the time, didn't I?

"A-About...about what?" I mumbled. "..." there was another pause. She looked so embarrassed, almost flustered.

Now even I was...Curious.

"O-Oreki...What does...a...kiss...feel like-" she whispered carefully as if it was the most vulgar thing ever to say.

I suppose it was, coming from her mouth.

"...A-A...A..." I stuttered, looking away and holding my hot cheek with my own hand. "I-I...don't know-" I said.

"You have no theory?"

"N-No..."

"No conclusion?"

"A-A-Ack- Chitanda how can i have a conclusion without even a th-" she stopped me by leaning forward a little more. Her whole body must have been over the table by now.

"Then we have to experiment, h-hm?" she said, innocently..Which was scary.

"E-Ex...Experiment..." I found myself speechless. The shy, utmost respectful Chitanda wanted to do this? Even if it was just a kiss, it was a kiss with a beautiful girl, and even more - my own first.

Wouldn't this be her first too?

"C-Chitanda wa-"

"O-Oreki..." She breathed, closing her eyes ever so slightly to peer into mine. I looked straight back at her, tense and nervous. My cheeks were completely red now and her face was about an inch away. She paused for a moment, before closing her eyes completely and...she closed the gap between us.

My eyes widened, and my hands twitched slightly as they clenched my school uniform's trousers.

But, eventually, I closed my eyes too, and leaned forward slightly to kiss back.

I didn't know if I liked it.

I didn't know if I hated it.

I just knew that it was a new experience, of what was probably considered a...colourful life.

one,two,three,four,five,six,seven,eight,nine, ten-

Dammit satoshi! My energy conserving level has hit a new low!