Chapter 1

Abby was laying on her bed in the temporary medical centre in camp Jaha. Her leg still stung from the marrow extraction. Oh how that hurt. The memory of it was still to fresh in her mind, and she had to suppress a shudder in order to keep her leg still.

She couldn't help but think about how Marcus had reacted to her being dragged onto the table. Over the past month of being on earth, she and him had gotten a lot closer, there was no denying it. They'd become more than just colleagues, they were friends. Yet, he'd acted how Wick had when Raven was dragged up, and everyone knows they are way past friendship. So...were she and Marcus more than friends?

She must have drifted off to sleep, because the next thing she knew, Marcus was standing over her, gently nudging her shoulder. Startled, Abby quickly sat up, trying to forget the pain in her leg.
"Marcus! Hi, sorry, you startled me."

The only response Abby got from him was a small smirk, followed by a frown. She could see the sadness and sympathy in his eyes. Something was wrong.

"What is it Marcus? Come on, spit it out. You of all people should know I won't stop asking until I get my answer." Her tone was meant to be almost cheery, but by the expression on his face, she knew she'd failed.

Marcus simply sat on the bed beside her, put his arm around her waist, and spoke in barely more than a whisper.
"Clarke's gone...Abby..."

Marcus explained that she had left right after everyone made it back safely to the camp. She had said her goodbyes to her friends, and walked off into the woods. He told her that Bellamy had come up to him a few hours later and explained what happened to Clarke. At first, Abby couldn't register the words. She spent several seconds, though it felt like hours, trying to wrap her thoughts around what just came out of Marcus' mouth. At first she was angry. How could she just leave like this? Then reality hit her....

Abby opened her mouth once, twice, but no words seemed to come out. Without thinking, she lowered her head so it was resting on his chest, searching for comfort. Marcus tensed, then relaxed, pulling her closer, rubbing his hand up and down her arm.

"I'm sorry Abby..." Was all she heard before the sound of her own sobs overwhelmed her ears. Marcus stayed by her side well after the sun went down. By the time she looked up, the moon was high in the sky, and they were both laying down on the bed.

Marcus still had his arm around her, and she could hear his steady breathing as he slept. A small smile swept across her face, and a large tingling sensation crept through her body. Abby wondered what it was. She'd felt it before, though it was a long time ago.

A thought suddenly flooded her mind, something that she'd been hiding, dreading, for a long time...