Chapter 2

It's a dark morning for Valentina. As she is walking down the streets of Gotham a man bumps into her. "Hey Tina" the large man says he has dark tattoos on his face and is wearing a black hoodie. "You know I hate when you assholes call me that that's my bosses name" she says putting her hands in her giddies pockets. "You know I don't really care. But what I do care about is that you get us our money" he spits in her face slightly as he says so. She flicks her pointer finger from her face down in a quick movement. "You will get you money on Thursday like always" she says back starting to walk. He moves so she get by. She continues to walk until she bumps into a man. "Geez man watch where your going" she says as she rubs her nose "oh sorry" he says and once she gets a good look of the man's face she gasps. "Holy shit your Damian Wayne right?" She says loudly he chuckles and nods "that I am" "cool, I've always wanted to meet one of the Wayne's my grandma used to work for the family" she says to him. "Oh? Really what work did she do for them" he says looking as if he was actually interested "oh umm this and that you know, stuff" she chuckles looking away. "Would you like to come by for a cup of coffee at the manor" he says suddenly. "What?!" She exclaims, her dimmed yellow eyes widening in the process.

As they enter the gates of Wayne manor Valentina looks out the window star struck. "Like it?" Damien says. "Definitely I've had an eye on this place since I was young" he nods his eyes watched her like he was studding her, they arrive to the entrance "it doesn't look the same though. It was in a pretty bad fire that took out most of the east wing, so we rebuilt it as close as we could but it definitely has a lot of modifications" he says as the two get out of the car. "I know" she says as she walks up and he looks at her a curious look. "We'll then let's go" he says as the walk up the stairs that lead to the front door. Before they get to it someone opens it. A sharp older man with black hair and small glasses. "Welcome master Wayne" he says with a slight British accent Damian and Valentina walk in. "Thank you pennyworth. We'll be in the study bring us two cups of coffee" Damian says as he leads Valentina through the mansion.

He opens a large door to a room with books and old antique swords on the wall. "Oh you have a Tanto sword" Valentina says as she walks to a large sword with a black handle and a sharp blade. "You know about Tanto swords?" Damian says as he walks up to her as she admires it. "Yes I do what's it's name" she says looking to him. "Chiroptera" he says as he admires it with her. "Chiroptera, the Latin name for bat. Why am I not surprised" she says as she chuckles. He looks to her with narrow eyes. Then the door opens it was pennyworth he walks in with a metal tray with two cups of coffee. They both turn to him, Damian leads Valentina to a chair. "Thank you pennyworth that will be all" he nods and leaves they sit in front of each other at a small coffee table in the middle of the room two big leather chairs facing each other.

"Who's your mother?" Damian asks. "She left me when I was young around two I believe" she responds picking up her coffee cup and a square of sugar. "Ah so you live with your father then?" He says as he picks his cup to his mouth. "Mmm no actually, my dad, he left before I was born" she says after taking a sip. Damian looks puzzled before asking another question "so who do you live with?" "My cats" she responds as she ;looked around the room. He nods "how many cats?" He asks another question "10 not counting the three litters of kittens which each has had four" she responds not looking bothered at all the questions just sipping her coffee. "How old are you?" She looks up and sighs "17" she says putting her coffee on the table "if I was in school I would be a junior" she says looking to him. "So your not in school?" "No I have work to do" "what work" "stuff" this continues until he puts a hand on his chest "ok would you excuse me for a moment" he says standing up. "Not at all"

A few minutes go by and she had finished her coffee. The door behind her opens "who are you?" a deep voice says from behind her. "Valentina I came with Damian Wayne" she says not turning around but sitting up straighter. "What business do you have with my father?" She sighs and gets up and turns around. Only to see a man with jet black hair black eyes and a sharp jaw line. Through his suit she can see that he's fit and muscular. His cold gaze watches her. Her slender body and long black hair trailing as she walks to him. Her hoodie and tight black jeans, her outfit making him narrow his eyes even more. As they stand in front of each other hes a good foot taller and bigger. Her sly smirk trailing her face. He eyes sharpen and he flinches.