Dinner and Horses

"So, why were you in the road?" Eli questions.

"Um, well, I'm not really ready to tell you, quite yet." I say.

I'm not quite ready to even speak with her family. Or eat dinner with them. I don't know what they're gonna be like. Maybe sweet, caring, loving parents? Or the exact opposite? Will I be best friends with Eli? Or will I not like it and decide to run away? I don't know, quite yet.

"That's okay, I'm patient." Eli replies with a sigh.
--------------------------------------------------------
Eli's POV
"Real patient." I mumble to myself.

Maybe I shouldn't have picked her up off the side of the road? Or should I have just let her go to 1460 and get hit by a car? No, I did the right thing, I suppose.

"Pardon?" Bri asks.

"Oh, um, nothing." I reply.

As we drive up the road to my house, we pass by the horses. Which earns a gasp from Bri. I don't think she's ever seen a horse before......

"Wow! I've never seen horses in person before." Bri says excitedly.

"Well, if you like, I can teach you how to ride." I say.

Yup, knew she didn't know about them.

"Um I don't know," Bri replies. "I'm a little afraid of them."

"That ain't a problem." I assure. "Besides, I would put you on the most calm horse you'll ever meet."

Or at least kinda calm. Maybe a little stubborn--- wait, scratch that. Very stubborn!

------------------------------------------
Herro everybody! This is my first successful book that I have written so far, and I hope that y'all like it!
This is based off of a movie that me and happytrotter78 ,aka Brooke, are making. The green 4-wheeler is my mothers in real life, the little brown dog Rusty is my dog in real life, and the horse I'm going to be putting "Bri" onto is very stubborn and his name is Farnley Carthage aka Car for short. He's a dartmoor/thoroughbred cross, SUPER CUTE!!!
Thanks for reading and I hope that y'all will like it!
Oh and sorry these chapters are so short, I'm not a very good writer. I'm still working on it though!