Chapter 2 - Surprise

Summer's PoV

Poppy hold two plane tickets in her hand. Plane tickets to Ireland! It was a dream of us to travel to Ireland together since we were little girls.
"When the fuck did you get them ? And why didn't you tell me about that ??" I asked her tried going back to a normal way of breathing. "Yesterday, and because it was a surprise. I wanted to give them to you to your birthday in two weeks but then my mom came up with the idea of celebrating your birthday in Ireland, so our fly is two weeks from now and you're so lucky that your birthday is in our holidays" she answered and smiled. I stood there in completely silence, trying to breathe. I always knew Poppy was awesome, but this ? I never expected to receive such a great present and it isn't my birthday yet. "So, after giving you such a great birthday present, would you mind letting me in and allowing me to order pizza because I'm more than hungry ?" Poppy asked with a cheeky smile. Over the whole surprise and screaming I totally forgot to let her in. I opened the door a bit wider so she could enter our house. My mom came from the garden, first looking at Poppy, then at me, again at Poppy and then asked "Did you give her the tickets just now ?" - "OMG MOM YOU KNEW THAT ?" I yelled once again. "Sure, dear" she laughed and entered the kitchen.
Wow, I thought to myself while handing my iPhone to Poppy, letting her order whatever the fuck she wanted. I'll really go to Ireland with Poppy. In two weeks. Let that sink in girl, I thought to myself.
The rest of the evening we spend looking at our hotel in the internet, which Poppy also already pre-booked (that girl is awesome) and chatting about what we're going to take with us to Ireland, what we wanna see there and just enjoying the fact of our dream finally coming true.

The next two weeks fortunately passed by quickly. We had a lot to do in university before our holidays began, so we were so busy with our stuff we didn't really realised how quickly the time had passed and suddenly the day before our departure arrived. We planned to meet at 3am at the airport, two hours before our flight would start. In the evening I called Poppy one last time to check if we both have everything. I was so hyper and excited, I couldn't really think of sleeping, so I stayed awake and logged onto twitter to make the time pass more quickly.
At 2am my mom entered my room, saying I should get changed and make myself ready so she could drive me to the airport. When we arrived I said my last goodbyes to her and thanked her for bringing me, then I met Poppy . Then everything happened so fast. We checked in, gave away our luggage. I bought coffee for us and after waiting a bit we could enter the plane. It wasn't the first time I flew, but everytime I do, I get this very uncomfortable feeling in my stomach and everytime I feel ground under my feet again, I feel much better.
When we arrived it was evening in Ireland (NOTE: that's probably more than wrong but I'm just very bad with timelags and timezones, so please forgive me!) and we straight drove to our hotel which was very central. It was one of those beautiful tiny hotels with a little wellness zone to relax. We were so tired because of the long journey from Florida to Ireland so we both showered quickly and went straight to bed.

I woke up because I heard a strange noise. It was not that loud but loud enough to wake me up and making me give my attention to finding out what a unfamilar noise it was, more than going back to sleep even though I was still tired as fuck. I opened my eyes and saw a grey wall of clouds in front of me. It rained! I wasn't used to rain because in Florida nearly always the sun shines and even if there's rain sometimes, it's not that much. "GOOD MORNING SLEEPY HEAD" Poppy suddenly yelled after realising I woke up too. "Morning. Did you see that ? It rains like fuck" I said laughing. That was so Ireland! I got up to take a shower before we went down to have breakfast. I have to say, Irish and British people are very special when it comes to breakfast or food in general. I was used to cereals and coffee in the morning, but they ate so much and everything was besmeared in grease and they always had tea with everything they ate.
After the breakfast we wanted to see something of Ireland. We always expected Ireland to look like in those tv comercials of Irish butter where you see nothing but green meadows, but we stayed in a very central quarter of the country and there were no green meadows at all. It was a bit disappointing but it couldn't take away our good moods.