The mess

She woke up from her sleep with a jolt. She was covered in sweat, shivering and was struggling to breath. Her heartbeats were echoing in her ears. She sat there , memories flashing in her mind .Tears rolled down her cheeks.

It took her so long to realize that it was just a dream. Even though she was relieved that it wasn't reality, she couldn't just shake it off of her mind.

With a deep sigh she pulled the pillow towards her and hugged it close and fell into the deep hole of thoughts she wanted to avoid at all cost.

It was the side of her which she never talked about. Even if it was years ago, its still haunting her like it was yesterday. She know she have done nothing wrong but still couldn't stop blaming her.

Why did it happen? What if it was really her fault? Why couldn't she do anything? Why did they blame her? Would she have been able to avoid it? Why is she the only one who is suffering and not the one who made her end up this way?

Her mind was exploding with questions she didn't know the answers of. Out of everything she was dying to know if she have to live like this for the rest of her life. Fearing something bad would happen again, afraid of being powerless, not being able to relax, being triggered everyday, the list was unending.

All she wanted was to just undo what happened or at least forget everything without any trace left. What she have gone through might not have been as bad as what some others have gone through but she knew that it completely messed her up.

***