#5 The letter Pt.2

Did you read them? I hope you did

Did you read them? I hope you did. The first time I got the news, I said to my mom, and we even bought a few baby clothes that week. My mom was so happy and I was too, thinking how happy you will be when I will tell you about this. But, it didn't happen.

Well, you will find them next in the box. I know you have nothing to do with them, but... it's better if you destroy them yourself. I had brought them so it was hard for me to do it myself, you know...

I put my hand deeper inside the box and pulled out the clothes. They were tiny and cute, but the thing that I was supposed to destroy them, made me feel guilty inside.

And well, you have come to the end almost now. At last, inside the box, you will find my ring. Yes, the ring you gave to me to promise we'll get married someday. And also there will be a journal at the bottom. My journal. Read it to know my side of our story. You need to know it before you completely move on from me...

I guess we were never meant to be. And it hurts... But still...

I love you, Ryan.

Take care

Caroline.

Folding back the letter, I kept it on the side of the box with a sigh.

I searched for the ring inside and soon found it in one corner of the box. I looked at it carefully as the memory of me proposing to her came to my mind. I placed it on the side and pulled out the journal finally.

Keeping the journal on my lap, I was about to open it when the bell rang, startling me. I scoffed and walked over to open the door.

It might be the delivery man, coming for my sign. Though, I don't know what time it is...

But, when I opened it, no one was there, except for a letter lying on the floor. I peeked around to see if anyone's playing any prank on me but none. So I picked it up quickly and came inside.

Opening it, I read:

Ryan,

Hi, this is Emily, Caroline's best friend. Remember?

Anyways... you might be wondering that there should have been the delivery man you told to return but instead, you found a mysterious letter on the ground. Strange, right?

I know right! Firstly, there was no delivery man in the first place. It was my boyfriend, Steve who had delivered the box to your place, and he knew you wouldn't be there at that time. He acted quite perfect, didn't he?

IKR, I am proud of my baby!

Well, Caroline told me two days ago, to send the box to you today, and even at what time. So I did. I wasn't supposed to let you know this but I send this letter anyway. I am not sure what Caroline was up to but she isn't well, I tell you.

Anyway, bye!

Emy.

I-What?

I didn't know what was happening but I knew one thing for sure--- I need to read her journal...

So, I picked up the thing and went to my room to sit at my table and read.