Prologue

"Baby, you can spend time with your friends. I won't mind." Gio, my boyfriend said.

Well, yeah. We're going to have our Saturday Group bond with my group of friends from High School. It was named Saturday Group because we usually hang out during Saturday.

"Pero marami pa din akong kailangang tapusin sa trabaho."

"What my princess needs right now is a reliever since you've worked hard enough. If I'm not having a meeting, I'll surely join you to meet your friends, I'm sorry."

Then he hugged me from my back while I'm still fixing my paper works. Argh. I don't know why I deserved a guy like him. He's the CEO of his own architectural company. He's one of the most popular bachelor here in Manila yet he's so in love with me.

"Fine. But I'll go. Don't worry, it's just the usual resto bar I'm telling you before."

Pagpapaalala ko sa palagi kong nakekwento sa kanya. Gio and I had been in a relationship for only two months now but he's the best I could ask for. He never made me feel insecure about myself. He always reminded me how much he loves me and he makes me feel secured that I don't have to be jealous to anyone. Meanwhile, eto ako. Hindi naman kagandahang babae, hindi mayaman, simple lang, at walang maipagmamalaki talaga sa buhay. I studied theater arts and after breaking up with my long time ex boyfriend, I decided to pursue doing a job related to it. Dito ko nakilala si Gio, whose a friend of my boss.

"I trust you."

He said and leaned to kiss my forehead.

"Is it an all girls night out? Haha."

He asked. Hininto ko muna ang pag-aayos ng papers ko because this is the draft in my new story. I was a writer in his friend's company- The Metamorphosis.

"Yeah. Kiara says. Are you worried?"

"Ako? Hindi no. Secured na secured ako ng pagmamahal mo."

He jokingly said. Well, two months palang kami and not in a single day na nag-away kami because of little things. I know, yeah. At this times, sa umpisa.. wala naman talagang away. I've been in a long term relationship and as I said, alam ko na lahat ng kasuluk-sulukang pwede naming pagdaanan. That relationship gave me a short trauma na huwag ng pumasok sa isang relationship. But after he courted me for 1 year and after 3 years of being single, I started to believe that Gio is different.

The day after, nagmamadali na akong pumasok ng office dahil ngayon ang due netong pinapasa kong story line.

"Ms. Salvador, you're just on time. What's with the rush?"

"Sir, here's the draft of my story." This is my proposal story. It's not really easy to make a book that people would love to read but I was also waiting for my break to come.

"Tungkol naman 'to saan, Mia?"

"Hmm. Since people are very attracted to romance, I'm trying to relay a story that doesn't only mean love. You know, it's my first to write a romantic love story. I've been here for 6 months already but I don't believe in love before so I was only creating thrilling and friendship stories. However--"

"Dumating ang bestfriend ko and you fell for him? Haha. Would this be about your story?"

"Not really, s-sir."

"Okay. I trust you with this. You know, I really like the way you write your ideas that's why I hired you. I hope you can break this one."

"Yes, sir. Thank you."

I said and bowed before leaving. He's Jonathan Jenkins. I tried applying in different companies online before going here in Manila. I was originally from Pampanga and when I knew that my ex boyfriend cheated on me again, I decided to stay here na sa Manila after accepting an offer from Jonathan.