kissing games - rey

request from anonymous
rey x female reader
fluff

y/n's pov

i had hated rey for as long as i could remember. everything she did was perfect, everyone loved her. she hated me too, we were always bickering at each other and annoying the rest of the jedi and and rebels with the constant natter.

we're both new jedi and we're both girls so naturally we're going to compete. and i want to be her in everything, everytime she beats me it feels like something has died inside me. strange i know, but it feels like shes taunting me. in everything we do.

one day rey and i were training in the same room, not together of course, doing our own thing and stealing quick jealous glances at each other. at least thats what they were at first.

after a few minutes of practicing our moves solo, rey strangely starts a conversion. which she. never. does.

'hey y/n wanna train together?'

'since when have you liked talking to me?'

'no need to be pissy it was just a question'

'sorry im just confused because this has never happened before'

'do you wanna train with me or not?'

'fine'

we started to show each other our moves, ones we'd learnt and perfected. after every new move shown, by me or rey, we tried to one up each other. competition was still well and truly in the air.

after a while i could tell rey was getting bored and to be honest, i was too. we sat on a bench, drinking water and having a break.

i was about to say something when rey finally perked up.

'you know i don't hate you right y/n?'

'what?'

'i've always had the feeling you thought that'

'oh yeah i did, but i guess i dont anymore'

'and you hate me'

'i never said that'

'i've always really liked you y/n but your so intimidating and strong and nice so i just avoid you'

'what-?? no i avoid you because your way too nice and intimidating and strong, i'm none of those things'

'i like y-' she cut herself off - 'do you wanna do something fun'

'like what?'

'how about we kiss and see who falls for who first' she said out of the blue.

'what???' i questioned.

'im serious'

'okay.... -fine'

in a split second her lips were on mine, and it was nice, i had no hatred for her anymore. i liked her.

we kissed for a few minutes and then both pulled away at the same exact time.

'i like you'
'i like you'

we both stated quite synchronized actually.

i noticed a smile form on her face, matching the one forming on mine and a few giggles escaped our mouths.

'do you to be my girlfriend y/n!'

'yes rey yes!! 100x yes!!'

following that, we completely left our rivalry behind and had a happy time as girlfriends.