The Chaos

After the exam at the starting of new month we didn't got any points.

As the homeroom started the students bombarded chabashira sensei with questions like is there a point delay? When we will get our points? Sensei smirked at us and said "all points have already been distributed" after hearing this more chaos broke.

Hirata however stopped the raging crowd and asked sensei calmly "sensei what is the reason for us not getting the points."

At this point sensei seemed enjoying herself she then replied

"98 total absences and tardies. 391 incidences of talking or using cell phones in class. I counted every infraction. In this school, your class performance is reflected in the amount points received. As a result your behavior, the 100,000 points you could've gotten went down the drain. That's all that happened"

Hirata then asked "why were we not told beforehand about the rules." sensei told"these are basic manners listening to the teacher properly, not sleeping in class ,coming to the class at the right time u learned all these in your middle school u are not told verbally to do everything in society u should have ur own brain that's how the society works."

After hearing this everyone was dumbfounded This time I thought I should also ask a question so I stood up and asked

"sensei how are we supposed to earn our points back"

This was a ordinary question although in the novel Hirata was the one to ask this question but his complextion didn't look so well after sensei's explanation sensei looked at me with a bit of surprise and then replied

"That's not possible. We are not allowed to divulge the details of how we assess merit to the students. It's the same as the real world. When all of you enter society, and find work in some kind of business, they probably won't tell you how you're assessed-that's up to the company, though. However... I'm not trying to be cold, nor do I hate you guys. This is such a pitiful sight that I'll tell everyone here one thing"

There was a faint smile in her face she then replied"if we say that everyone stopped being late and stopped talking in class... your deduction would be zero, but that doesn't mean you'll get more points"

Hirata's face got even darker. A part of the class still failed to understand her explanation had the opposite effect.
The bell rang, signaling the end of homeroom.

She spread out the white poster that was rolled into a tube. Taking a magnet, she stuck it onto the board. The students looked at the paper, still confused.

This was the result of the first month
Our class D with 0.
Class C with 490.
Class B with 650.
And class A had the highest number with 940.

As Sensei suggested to not break any rules from now on Ike and Yamauchi the two backbencher of our kept whining like how are we Supposed to live a normal highschool life like this
Hirata again spoke up

"how is there so much difference in points between the classes"

Hirata noticed something odd about the numbers. The differences in points were too clean

Sensei replied with a smirk

"Did you guys finally understand? Why you were put in class D."

Everyone exchanged glances.

"In this school, all the students are divided into classes by merit. The best students are put in class A. The worst in class D. Well, it's a system that's found in major cram schools. In other words, class D is the collection of leftovers. That also means that you are the worst students, the defective products of this school. This is really an outcome worthy of defective students."

I'm pretty sure after hearing this horikita a important female character of the novel would have a quite the look on her face I tried to take a quick glance but stopped as sensei was still talking

"These class points aren't just linked to the amount of money you get each month. It's also indicative of the class rank"

In other words we have to get more points than class c to become class c
It was still not over the bad news kept coming.

She put one more piece of paper onto the blackboard. The names of all the classmates were listed. Next to everyone's name was a number.

"These are the scores from the test a few days back. Sensei was glad after seeing your wonderful performance. Seriously, what the hell did you guys study in middle school? Most of you guys just got a passing marks only a got a decent marks."

Apparently I was at the top 5 behind yukimura I was quite surprised
Except for the top students in the class, almost everyone got below a 60. Ignoring Sudou's wonderful score of 14 points, the next lowest was Ike's score of 24. The average score was about 65.

"If this test was actually recorded, seven of you would already have to drop out of school. Good thing it wasn't, right?"
She then proceeded to say

"If you get a failing mark on either a midterm or a final exam in any subject, you have to drop out of school. On this test, that would be everyone who got below a 32. Man, you guys are really foolish and stupid"

"Looks like your happy mood has been dampened. If you guys understood the harsh environment you were put in from the start, we wouldn't have need this long homeroom. The midterm is in three weeks, so please avoid getting kicked out of school. I'm sure everyone here can survive without getting any red marks. If possible, please challenge your situation with a behavior appropriate for a capable person."

With this she left the class suduo the high tempered guy from our class kicked the desk and got out of the class many others left to vent the frustration as well
Hirata stood up on the podium took a hold of the situation and said

"This month, we didn't get any points. This is a problem that will hugely affect our future student life. We can't go on like this and graduate with 0 points, can we?"

"Definitely not!"

"So, we have no choice but to try and get some points next month. That's why everyone in the class has to work together to fix our problem. We should refrain from being late to and talking during class. Naturally, using cell phones during class is also prohibited"

I was also about to go out of the class but to my surprise Hirata stopped me and told me cooperate with ayanokoji and horikita. This was the first time I actually met ayanokoji ,the novel wasn't exaggerating his eyes looked like it could see through me. I agreed and decided to cooperate with them.