Chapter 4.

"Good morning, sir Sakurayashiki." A small voice came from behind the door. The painter stood up in his bed, his hair in a messy bun.

"What time is it?" He asked, squinting his eyes at the dim sunlight which made it's way through his room's blinds.

"It's eight in the morning. The king wants to see you."

The painter sighed, before stretching and barking back. "Let me change. Tell him I'll be in the dining room soon."

"There'll be no need for that." A deeper voice came from behind the door, which opened only seconds after, revealing the king's imposing silhouette.

Kaoru's face flared up, red gaining his cheeks. He was standing before the king, in his night clothes, and with his hair in an unnameable mess. He tried to stutter out an apology, but only vague syllables came out of his trembling lips. His eyes wandered over Kojiro's kingly attire, going over every fold in said silky fabric. 

The king chuckled. "Like what you see?" He asked, a daring smile drawn across his face.

"I have to say, it would make for quite a gorgeous painting." The pink haired man replied, looking his king in the eye.

Kojiro let out a small laugh. "Well, about that," he started, "I was wondering if we could get your first official painting done today." The taller man explained. "The crowning party is in less than a week."

"Of course. Have you thought of the details yet?" Kaoru asked. "Like the location, pose, or what you'll be wearing?"

"Well," the king scratched his head, "I was thinking I could wear this, if that's alright." Kaoru nodded. "And as for the pose or location... I have to admit I was thinking of leaving that part up to you. You know, artistic choice and everything." He flashed a small smile, looking to the painter for approval.

"Alright. If you would just let me change first."

"Alright. Join me in the dining room, some breakfast wouldn't hurt. And since you're going to be working for a while, we can grab some snacks as well."

"Anyways, I was thinking of doing the painting in the palace gardens. I think the pond and trees would complement your outfit really nicely." Kaoru explained, motioning his hands at the taller man.

"That sounds good. Follow me." The king answered serenely, a satisfied smile sitting on his lips.

They walked for a few minutes, the sound of their shoes rippling on the stone walls of the halls. The sun was shining brightly outside, and the temperature was warm. A small breeze ruffled with the grass and cooled down the air a bit, so it wasn't suffocating.

After picking an appropriate location, Kaoru bombarded the king with questions. "Is the temperature okay? Have you drank and eaten enough? Is there no business you need to finish before we start?"

"It's fine, I promise." Kojiro sighed. "Can we just start already?"

"Alright." The painter took a deep breath. "Would you like to be seated to stood?"

"I think a seated pose might be better." The king said.

Kaoru nodded. "Sit, then." Kojiro did as he was told, and took a seat on a small stump of wood. "Do you mind if I touch you?" The painter asked.

"It's fine. I trust your artistic judgement." The king responded.

Kaoru positioned his fingers under the taller man's chin and twisted it to face his. He grabbed the king's shoulders and spun them around at a 35 degree angle, and ran his hands down to Kojiro's hips. The painter grabbed his hands and moved them to his lap, where their hands remained for a few seconds.