Don't Leave Me

~Rider's POV~

                        I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Layla was on the floor, dying, and there was nothing I could do about it. I got down next to her and lifted her up, taking the knife out of her chest. At least she was breathing, even if it was barely. I quickly did the only thing I could think of, and that was to call an ambulance. I told them everything and they said they would be there as fast as they could. Meanwhile, I was doing everything I could to keep myself together. 

                       The ambulance soon arrived and took Layla to a hospital, and I rode with them, on the brink of panicking the whole way. "Sir, are you alright?" The driver asked as he glanced at me. "Y-yes... I-i'm fine..." I wasn't fine. I could barely handle seeing Layla sad, this was a whole other level. I was horrified about what might happen and I barely kept myself from crying.

                       Once we arrived, they took her inside and into a room. But, I wasn't allowed to follow them. I had to stay in the waiting room, pondering what was happening in that room. I started to assume the worst, but hoped I was wrong. I deeply hoped I was wrong. She couldn't be dead... 'Please Layla.... just.... just don't leave me.... please....'

                      Hours passed and I still got no news. That was until someone finally bothered to come tell me what was going on. "Hey, you're Rider right?" The woman asked me as I nodded. "Well, I came to tell you that... well... we're not sure quite yet what's going to happen with her... you can come see her now, if you want.." I stood up quickly and she showed me to the room Layla was in. She was hooked up to some machines and it hurt me to look at her in this state.

                    I rushed to her side immediately and held her hand. She was really pale and her skin was cold. This was when I couldn't hold it in anymore. I fell to my knees and cried a lot. 'This is my fault isn't it..? I should have loved her more or tried harder..! Then maybe things would have been different...'

                     Once I finished crying, I stood back up and sat down in a nearby chair. "You can stay here for the night if you wish to." The woman told me as I started to feel tired and I slowly closed my eyes. All I could think about was Layla as I drifted to sleep, how I hoped she'd be okay, how scared I was for her, and how much I loved her.