Chapter 60 - Hide and Seek

A/N: Warning for an OC death.

White Collar Division, Federal Building, Manhattan. Tuesday afternoon. July 27, 2004.

"Maybe he's playing Tuesday Tails?" Tricia suggested when Neal asked if she'd seen Henry. After lunch everyone had gathered into vehicles, carpooling back to the Federal Building. All the drivers had returned, and Henry was nowhere to be found.

Actually, there was one driver who'd had another destination, Neal remembered. Angela's mother – Paige Caffrey – had taken Angela back to June's mansion. They were going to pick up Angela's luggage and then return the rental car at the airport. It was possible Henry caught a ride with them. He might want to hole up in his room at June's and prepare mentally and emotionally for the upcoming confrontation with Robert.

Or... Neal texted Angela, and a moment later she called him. "Yes, Henry's with us," she said in a hushed voice. "He's in the entryway here at June's place, helping Mom with the luggage, including his. He sweet-talked Mom into taking him to Seattle with us. I was a little worried about that. Uncle Robert's due back in Seattle soon, right? Do you want me to find an excuse to leave Henry behind?"

"No," Neal decided. "He'd just find another flight. I like that you'll be able to keep an eye on him this way. But can you delay things a bit?"

"Sure. Mom said we could wait to top off the fuel tanks here, or land in Chicago to refuel. I'll tell her to go with the second option. That'll add to our travel time."

"Thanks," Neal said. "The longer you can make him to stay with you, the better. I'll try to get to Seattle as soon as I can."

Angela promised she'd do her best, and then Neal walked up to Peter's office. Graham Winslow was there, and it looked like they were having an intense conversation.

"Sorry to interrupt," Neal said as he opened the door, "but I thought you'd want to know Henry's on his way to Seattle."

"That settles it," said Graham to Peter. "It's too late to keep the whippersnapper away, and I'm a private citizen. You can't prevent me from going to Seattle."

"Do you have a flight booked?" Neal asked.

"Friend of mine has a plane up here, and offered it and his pilot when I called him an hour ago. He's filing the flight plan, and I'm leaving in a moment to check out of my hotel."

"Can you take another passenger? I've got a bag packed and ready to go, if we swing by June's." Neal caught Peter's surprised glance and shrugged. "Flight instinct and old habits. I always keep a bag packed."

"I'd rather you stay here," Peter said.

"Yeah, and you could force the issue, threaten to fire me. But Henry needs help. Obviously he isn't thinking clearly. Why hitch a ride with Paige and Angela, when his grandfather is here? Graham obviously would have a plan to get to Seattle and would have been willing to take Henry."

Graham nodded. "I'd feel better if you went along to help me keep him under control." He stood up. "You got a bag packed, Peter? There's space for you, if you don't slow us down."

"I keep a duffel bag in the locker room here for emergencies, and I've already told Hughes what's going on. He'll let the Seattle office know I'm on my way. Let's go."

On the drive Peter called El to tell her he'd be out of town for a day or two. Neal pulled out his cell phone and dialed as he walked into June's mansion. "Noelle?" he said when his aunt answered. "It's Neal." He jogged up the stairs to his loft. "We've learned that Robert's supposed to arrive in Seattle tonight. I'm flying out there with Peter and Graham for the arrest."