Chapter 1: Out of the Prison, Into the World

----Chapter 1: Out of the Prison, Into the World--

"I heard one of them call you 'Gates'. Care to explain why that might be Brian?"

"Stage name; used to be my stage name. I used to be known as 'Synyster Gates'; two 'y's'. I left that name behind a long time ago."

"And why was that?"

"No need for it anymore; in this world now, I'm just known as Brian."

---------------

The explosion echoed throughout the prison, shaking the walls, the towers; the ground. The sound drowned out the imposing threat, the groans and snarls of the walkers unable to be heard over all the commotion; it was certainly a very immediate threat.

CC wasn't sure what'd hit him or how long he'd been out; was he even still alive? Feeling a bit dazed and trying to shake it off, he moved a slight bit, feeling as a bit of pain went through him; it'd been a hard hit. Sitting up a bit, CC took in the surrounding area.

He was still in the prison, but it was now just quiet; all he could hear were the walkers heading his way.

Struggling to get to his feet, CC quickly tried to get out of the way of the walkers who'd seemed to have picked up their pace upon seeing him; there were way too many to try and get past or take down and if he didn't make it behind an area surrounded by fence line soon, he'd be killed.

Luckily seeing an available area where there were no walkers about, CC quickly attempted to make his way over to the partially broken fence; the explosions had caused quite a bit of damage to the area and he wasn't sure how long the fence would hold, especially with all these walkers on his trail.

He needed to get back behind the actual walls of the prison if he was going to survive.

Feeling the pain in his knee and having to quickly kill a walker that'd just missed him, CC managed to get to the safety of behind the fence line, holding it for a few minutes as he tried to stop the pounding in his head as the walkers continued to lumber towards him.

CC looked around the area he was in, knowing exactly where he was within the prison area. Seeing one of the doors over to his left, he realised that it was the door that led up to the walkway between cells; hadn't he been up there before the explosion?

Just shaking his head and deciding to make a run for it, though every part of him hurt and he wasn't sure if his knee would hold up, CC reluctantly let his grip on the fence go and made his way over to the door, really hoping that it was open still. Gripping the doorhandle, and quietly thanking God, CC opened the door and went in, slamming it shut behind himself as a few walkers broke through the fence.

CC dashed up the stairs, feeling every movement. Reaching the door at the top, he opened it cautiously, the light streaming back in. The walkway had been blown into two separate parts; the middle completely gone. Glenn looked like he was still out and Vic was nowhere to be seen.

Using what little space he had, CC moved out of the doorway, closing it to give himself that bit more room. He crouched down next to Glenn, shaking him and hoping he was still alive.

"Glenn?"

Glenn stirred a slight bit, groaning as CC shook him again. Opening his eyes, Glenn saw the worried look on CC's face and quickly sat up, catching CC off guard and making him move back in slight alarm. Putting a hand against his head, Glenn tried to focus on what was going on.

"What happened?" he asked, clearly in bad shape, much like the drummer.

CC shook his head, wincing as his head continued to pound; regretting his action immediately.