A dead woman's place

Ramona moaned into the kiss, pulling Elizabeth's face closer as she pressed herself harder up against her thigh.

"I'm sorry about Mo," Elizabeth breathed against her lips. "I was wrong to kill him, I should've just let you be happy."

Ramona only gasped louder when she felt Elizabeth's hand squeezing her ass. "It's okay," she muttered and held on to her shoulder as she rubbed up against her, whimpering in pleasure.

Elizabeth gave her ass a good smack and grabbed her waist, pulling her closer. "You know, I never stopped loving you," she rasped and bit down on Ramona's bottom lip a little too hard, causing her to wince.

"But I can't forgive you for what you did to my children," Elizabeth stated and lifted her gloved hand, causing Ramona to stare at her terror. "Bartholomew died because of you and I don't ever want to see you again." And with that she slit her throat.

Ramona flinched when she woke up forcefully from her dream. It took her a few moments of looking around the bedroom she found herself in, in her own house, to regain a sense of orientation.

Her heartbeat began to slow gradually as she focused on the feeling of the silk sheets against her skin and the sweet, herbal scent of lavender oil she always had Graves diffuse in her room at night.

She inhaled deeply, taking a minute to retrace her steps in her head, reassuring herself that she did not in fact kill Bartholomew - or anyone for that matter - even if that had been her plan.

She had driven home as soon as she had woken up after her failed mission with the Countess and gone straight back to bed. Alone this time. And as soon as her head had hit the pillow she was back in a deep slumber.

Now it was morning, judging by the time on her alarm clock and the few rays of sunlight that slipped through the cracks of her blinds.

"Shit," Ramona muttered and pulled the blanket off her bare body in order to get up. She needed to get dressed. Not only had she not managed to kill Elizabeth, but by now that bitch was probably on her way out with her son.

And what did Ramona end up with? Nothing. No revenge, no real apology, no severance paid after all. But it was still early, she thought to herself, so maybe if she hurried she'd still be able to catch her.

She walked over to her closet, scrambling to find a dress that was comfortable but still made her look strong. She could show no weakness this time.

Deep down she wasn't even sure whether she wanted to go back to kill Elizabeth or actually just desired to see her, to talk to her again.
She shook her head. The more she thought about it, the surer she was that she absolutely wanted to kill her. This woman had ruined her life, there was no more mercy to be shown.

Unfortunately, she also knew now that that was easier planned than done. Because chances were that as soon as she would stand in front of her again, she wasn't going to be capable of going through with it and that enraged her even more. Why was it so hard to off this woman?

"You took everything from me," she hissed out loud as she hastily put on her heels and fixed her hair in the mirror. "You're gonna fucking pay."

She grabbed her bag and made her way down the stairs, strutting outside, before getting into her old Jaguar to drive back to the hotel.

As she drove she tried to play out their possible conversation in her head, involving lots of yelling, lots of fierce comebacks.

She made an effort to focus her thoughts on all the times Elizabeth had wronged her. She needed to make sure to build up her anger, remember what she was really there to do. To get revenge.
For the murder of Mo, for locking her into that hallway, for being so cold towards her towards the end of their relationship, ...everything.