Chapter 5 : I really like you

Lucas' POV

Riley his sitting so close to me, and I really don't want to stuff this up.

Maya told me Riley was hurt by seeing Missy and I together today, and hey I don't blame her, I just can't believe I let Missy constantly push me around I mean on the outside I look tough but really, I'm not.

It's so nice being back at Riley's place again, and boy when I saw her this morning, she looks so different and really so beautiful.

I don't want things awkward or messed up between us, and I know being with Missy sent the complete wrong messages and now I'm at a loss for words.

Being back in Texas made things so complicated, I had an old girlfriend back there, Paisley Wilson, when she left me I remember sulking for days, I remembered her the most beautiful girl in the whole world, with her sparkling blue eyes and shiny long golden hair which fell down nearly surpassing her hips. It was a year long relationship and I admit when I first realized I liked Riley I was scared, I didn't want to fall into the same trap again.

But Riley deserves more effort than this, and back in Texas for that half a year made me realise how much she meant to me.

It was now, or never.

I look into her eyes and she stares back at me, I almost see my reflection in her dark brown eyes.

"Listen" I begin, not quite sure where this will go, but hoping just maybe, that this will work out.

Riley's POV

I lean in closer,

"Listen" Lucas says,

" What you saw today with Missy and I" he pauses,

I don't say anything, waiting for him to go on, explain further, I act calm even though inside I am going crazy, a million thoughts rushing through my head at the same time, a million butterflies flying up my spine and around my stomach.

He doesn't say anything either, for a couple of seconds, but for what seems like an eternity to me.

"Well, it's nothing" he says attempting to brush it off, but now that I have him I won't waste up this opportunity. No easy way out today Lucas.

"So what are you saying?" I ask,

"why should I care what you do with Missy".

I gulp, maybe I shouldn't of said that. A sick feeling comes to my stomach, but I block it out, "look, I'm sorry Lucas, I didn't mean to come off like that" I say turning away. Shit, what have I done, have I just lost whatever chance I have left with Lucas.

You know what, Lucas deserves better than me, "I'm just a clumsy, good girl, who doesn't know when to speak or doesn't know when to shut up. I say all the things at the wrong time".

"Riley your nothing like what you think" he says slightly laughing, did I really just say that out loud. How much more idiotic can I get, wait. What did he just say.

He cups my face in his hands,

and this time,

he kisses me.