Blast From The Past

The 118 was just getting back from a call around noon, Bobby was making lunch and Buck was watching hen and chim play video games while Eddie was looking up summer camps for Chris

But then everything changes for Buck.

Buck hears Bobby say behind him "can I help you?" Then he hears the ever familiar voice of Kelly Severide. The one that got away in Buck's eyes, the man who will always be the love of his life saying “hi im looking for-” buck interrupts kellys sentence by asking “Kel?” 
“Hey Ev.” Kelly says coming up the loft steps the rest of the way. 

“Do we know who that is?” Chim asks Hen and Eddie who both shake their heads

“Um kel this is Captain Bobby Nash and hen and chem our paramedics and Eddie.” Buck introduces everyone then adds “Everyone this is Lieutenant Kelly Severide my, uh my ex…” Buck says, gaining wide eyes from everyone but bobby.

“Hi nice to meet you Kelly, what house are you from?” Bobby asks, shaking kellys hand. 
“Firehouse 51 out of chicago.” Kelly says proudly.

“Chicago?” Chim squawks  then adds “how do you two know each other then?”

“I uh, I lived there for 8 years before coming here, that's where I became a firefighter. We met when I was placed at 51 as a candidate.” Buck explains

“How did we not know this?” asks Chim, Buck shrugs his shoulders saying, “You never really asked.”

Evan then looks to Kelly and says “let's go down by the trucks and talk for a mintute.'' Kelly nods and follows Evan, watching his ass the entire time. Evan always had an amazing ass, Kelly thinks to himself.

“Hey.” Evan says as they get out of view of his team also out of ear shot.

“Hey, you didn't tell them anything about your past?” Kelly asks right off the bat, making evan sigh.

“No, I didn't, it was too painful, to relive the good then realize I ruined it all.” Evan explains.

Kelly cups Evan's cheek, Evans relaxing into his palm like a million times before, like no time has passed. “It wasn't your fault baby, i was on a downward spiral, and you needed to save yourself and that beautiful heart of yours and i get that, man if Shay could see the mess i made of everything she’d kick my ass.” Kelly says with a sad chuckle.
“She would kick my ass for giving up on you when I should have been there for you.” Evan says sadly. 

“So Kel, what are you doing here?” Evan ask

"Well first off I need to tell you that Benny died." Kelly says sadly as he runs a rough hand over his face. 
Evan is shocked to say the least. He never thought Benny Severide  would die, the man was invincible. 

"When? Are you okay? What happened?" Evan asks, putting a comforting hand on Kelly's forearm. 

"Last week, he had  a stroke and  I didn't call you cause I didn't want you to drop everything  for me. At least not until we got a chance to talk. And I'm dealing better than I did with Shay or Andy's death." Kelly explains.