135

Chapter 135 Damned Interpersonal Relationships

It was only until they had left the restaurant that Ye Ci finally let go of Liu Chang’s arm, patting her on the shoulder, “Liu Chang, can you make it back home by yourself?”

Liu Chang still seemed to be in a daze. Despite hearing Ye Ci, she didn’t respond for a long time.

Ye Ci looked at Liu Chang and sighed as she spoke, “Although I have decent gaming skills, I’m not an almighty god. Do you know how to rob a guild warehouse?”

Liu Chang shook her head.

“Me neither. Even though I seem to be stronger than most players, Liu Chang, you should know that I’m actually nothing more than just an ordinary player.” Ye Ci bitterly smiled, “Of course, I can’t do anything if you don’t believe me.”

“That’s not it, it’s not that I don’t believe you.” Liu Chang heard Ye Ci’s words and finally relaxed, “I’m just worried about you. If you really were the culprit, it won’t be an easy thing to settle now that you’ve provoked someone troublesome like Thousand Sunsets.”

“I know that too, that’s why even though he rebuked me so much on the forums, I didn’t say a single word.” Ye Ci narrowed her eyes before continuing, “The first reason was to help Dong Yin and Yi Cang out of trouble. Secondly, I can’t afford to offend him any more further. He must have already been holding a grudge against me ever since I left the guild. If I were to argue with him, wouldn’t that be shooting myself in the foot?”

Liu Chang saw sense in Ye Ci’s words and completely believed her, sighing, “Haa, I just don’t know what Dong Yin and Yi Cang were thinking, have their brains been submerged in water? How could they continue to interact with that man, and even…”

Ye Ci shook her head and smiled with a look of helplessness on her face, “Everyone has their own choices, you don’t have to be so harsh on them.”

Liu Chang bit her lip, speaking only after a period of time, “You, you’re too soft hearted.”

The duo then chatted for awhile, before each took their respective public transport and returned home.

The bus that Ye Ci got on had very few passengers. Finding a window seat, she had just sat down when she noticed Thousand Sunsets and the other three walk out from the restaurant. The quartet stood by the entrance, their conversation inaudible. Her lips curled up coldly and she wondered; Would they believe her words?

Probably, right?

They had better believe it. Even if they didn’t believe it, they had better not make any reckless actions. She was… not in the mood.

The bus started moving. Ye Ci looked away and closed her eyes, erasing all traces of the cold cruelty from her lips. Returning home, everyone had already finished eating; her parents had gone out on a stroll, leaving three people in the house. Tan Polang, who still had the heart of a juvenile, immediately asked Ye Ci about the delicacies that she had eaten.

Ye Ci let out a long sigh before half-jokingly replying, “I went to eat my last meal.”

“What?” Bai Mo and Tan Polang originally thought that she was joking. But after looking at her unsmiling expression, they couldn’t help but be serious as well, going up to her to ask, “What do you mean by that?”