Chapter Two

Joey headed downstairs the next for morning for breakfast, surprised to see Jen in the kitchen.

"Oh, hey. What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Well I thought since Dawson and Pacey are at work, why don't you and I have a girls' day? We could bond and hang out and stuff.''

"Ok, sounds great. Just let me run upstairs and change."

"Ok."

A few minutes later, Joey came back downstairs and the girls headed to get something to eat. They entered the restaurant and sat down.

"So Joey, how do you like Capeside so far?" Jen asked her, reading her menu.

"It's ok, but I don't really know it all that well. You guys have made me less nervous about it," Joey said.

"Some more then others?"

"What do you mean?"

"Do you have the hots for Pacey?"

"What? Where would you get an idea like that?"

"Well you two looked pretty cozy on the dance floor the last night."

"We were just dancing. I don't have the hots for Pacey."

"If you say so."

Dawson sat down behind the counter next to Pacey, who was helping a customer.

"So," Dawson said when the customer left. "I wanna ask you something. Do you like my sister?"

"Where'd you get that idea?" Pacey asked him.

"From the party last night. I saw how you looked at Joey on the dance floor."

"I don't know, Dawson. I mean maybe some feelings have developed, but it's just too soon. I mean the break up with Audrey was bad enough as it was."

Audrey was Pacey's girlfriend from freshman and part of sophomore year. They had a pretty solid relationship until her mother had gotten a job in California and the family had to move. Pacey had taken the break up severely hard and hasn't dated anyone since.

"Pace, that was eight months ago."

"I know, and I want to move on, but I'm just not sure if the right girl has come along yet."

"Again, Pacey, I saw the way you looked at Joey last night. So maybe their was more to that dance than you thought."

Pacey smiled and thought about what Dawson said. Could there be something more between him and Joey?

"So I gotta know, how was it growing up in Boston? I've always wanted to go," Jen asked her before taking a bite of her burger.

"Eh, not that great. There wasn't really much to do and I didn't really have any friends," Joey said, taking a drink of her Coke. "I just basically kept to myself most of the time."

"Wow. No boyfriend?"

"There was one time, but it didn't end too well for me."

"Oh."

"And ever since then, I haven't dated anyone. I'm just waiting for the right guy."

"Well maybe you've already met him."

"Who? Pacey?"

Jen nodded her head and Joey shook hers.

"No. Pacey and I are just friends."

"Well, you never know."

As Jen got up and headed to the bathroom, Joey thought about what she said. Maybe Pacey could be the right guy.