Part 20

Next day, I was working in my cabin when Prateek barged into the cubical...without knocking.

I looked up bewildered, one of my eyebrows raised as I stared his face, waiting for him to say something.

He realised soon and said,"ummm... sorry sir but, you have to see this!" His voice was serious making me curious of what had happened now!

He then showed me his laptop and I saw the cctv footage of that man, Andras, probably at a garage, a really secluded kind of a garage... He was taking some money from a man whose face wasn't visible in the footage, okay it was not some but a lot of money, it was a whole big bundle of what looks like 500 notes to me.

And the thing that came next shocked me even more, he handed that man a gun, I looked at Prateek shocked and he nodded at me, Andras actually handed at man a real gun which he put in his jeans, covered it up with his jacket and went from there, leaving Andras to count the notes after which he called someone as he went towards his car.

I was literally dumbfounded at this new piece of information, I was correct! it was definitely not what it looked like, Andras was not innocent afterall, he was probably an illegal arms supplier or might even be working for some mafia, we had to know what it was before it gets too late.

I instructed Parteek to find about the other man through some other footages probably from another angle or any other clue and he nodded his head, starting to go from there as I rubbed my forehead in frustration.

Prateek haulted before the door of my cubicle and turned back, I looked up not hearing the door click and asked as I saw him staring at me,"You want to say something else?"

"Umm...yes sir...actuall I found the registration number of the vehicle 'that girl' sat in. I have passed it on to the traffic department, we'll probably find something more about her till evening." He said with a smile, i thought he would think of me as a stalker but here he is smiling, oh no! Did he just see the footage where I was holding Naira in my arms and then crying for her, oh no no! This is getting embarrassing now, i just nodded at him and he moved outside my cabin and soon all my anxiety was replaced by happiness that finally I could know about my Naira and probably even meet her...

----------------------

Somewhere in a small yet beautiful house,

"I told you, you shouldn't have gone there, there were chances that you could have met him...WHY DID YOU GO THERE??" Said a man.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know why but I couldn't stop myself from going there, i just wanted to see him once, i missed him like hell all these years, I never wanted him to see me, i just wanted a glimpse of him, just to know that he was doing good but but .....he saw me and even recognised me, only I know how difficult it was for me to act like he was a stranger to ke, only I know how hurt I was to see those tears in the eyes that I was longing to see from so much time....." A girl said crying to the man.

Really sry for the delayed updates nowadays, i am in 12th so it really gets difficult for me to update also the decreasing vote count leaves me so demotivated...

Anyways do let me know your views on this chapter and pls do vote❤️