PART 9

Scott closed the big door, Malia checked the trapdoors and vents

Scott closed the big door, Malia checked the trapdoors and vents. I moved my hands shutting any entrance I could find.

"The tunnel gate's locked." Lydia ran towards us. "Everything's locked." She walked in the bunker and Scott closed the door.

"Think it'll hold them off?" Malia asked.

"Probably not." Scott replied.

"Definitely not." Lydia added.

"You don't expect us to be the optimists in this situation, do you?" I asked.

We looked at each other and walked towards the machine.

"So, how cold does this thing get?" Scott asked.

"Cold enough for a Hellhound." Lydia answered. "It's not the same as the ice bath you gave Isaac but, it can lower your core temperature past anything a human can survive."

I looked down.

"So what does freezing our asses off have to do with our memories?" Malia asked.

"It'll slow you heart rate, and put you in a trance-like state." I explained.

"Like hypnosis." Scott added.

"Hypnotic regression. If we can figure out how to work it." Lydia looked at the machine.

"This says "start," so, maybe it's not that complicated." Malia looked at a button.

On the other side of the machine I saw levers, buttons and gauges.

"I don't know if you're specialists in freezing machines but I'm not." I raised my eyebrows.

"So, optimistically, how much time do you think we need to do this?" Malia asked.

"As much time as Liam and Stilinski can buy us." Scott opened the machine.

"Let's hope it's enough." I sighed.

[...]

Malia hit the power button and the machine made a noise.

"Okay, it's doing something. You ready?" She asked looking at Scott.

Scott sighed and went in the machine. I closed the door and smiled at him trying to comfort him.

I pulled a lever turning on the temperature.

"Remember, this will get cold enough to kill you. So if something feels wrong or like, it's not working..." Lydia explained.

"It's going to work." Scott interrupted her.

"Scott, we don't know what we're doing. This is really dangerous." I spoke worried.

"I know you can figure it out." Scott smiled a little.

Lydia and I looked at each other. We lowered the temperature.

"Oh, okay, all right, yeah, that's cold. Really cold." Scott took a deep breath.