Chapter VI: Arkhangelsk

"We have captured the territories of Chelyabinsk and Kurgan bringing the entire Urals region under our control. We've also begun heading West and capturing Perm as well as East into Siberia and capturing Omsk." Nikitin stood there in silence waiting for Fedorov's reply. On the other side of the room Anastasia held her ear up against the wall eager to hear more. "We should head south to take over Volgagrad. Use the Volga River to sail upwards, take as many cities and key cities as possible and use them and the river to encircle Moscow. Hopefully the man we're looking for will be there."
Astolfo looked back at the Stranger and Ritsuka, "So whatcha doing out here?" After a few minutes of the Stranger briefing Astolfo about the situation Astolfo's eyes lit up with anticipation for adventure.
"Well then allow me to hop along for the journey I bet it'll be a blast especially with me around." Ritsuka thought well and was okay with the idea of having Astolfo and Medusa tag along, "It would make traveling across the country easier."
"I'm starting to see a port city." Said Medusa, Ritsuka's wristwatch glowed as it sprung to life with Da Vinci's voice, "I can see on the map that you guys headed northwest to the city of Arkhangelsk."
"I thought we were following the right river."
"Nope, you followed the wrong river."
"Way to make me feel better." The Stranger said defeated, he pulled out a map and began examining it, as he studied it Ritsuka lightened the mood by suggesting refuge there, everyone collectively agreed and landed just along the outskirts to allow the hippogriff and Bellerophon to fly away, the group all walked into the city where they were met with stares of suspicion and worry. Not a single word was exchanged until they found an inn to check into.
The clerk asked for how long they would stay but no one understood, The Stranger walked up and began conversing with the clerk in his native language.
Everyone looked at each other in confusion until The Stranger thanked the clerk in Russian and then turned back with two set of keys, "I got us rooms for 4 days. It's not necessarily the Winter Palace but at least we'll be neighboring each other on the second floor." Mash looked around nervously as citizens gawked at the group from the sidewalk. She wrapped herself against Ritsuka's arm clinging onto him.
The Stranger stopped before two doors and handed Scathach one set of keys, "Girls and boys in separate rooms." As everyone began walking into their rooms The Stranger stopped Mash, "They're a bit uneasy out there. And don't worry, I'll protect Master in your absence, besides only thing separating this group is drywall." She felt a great weight being lifted off her shoulders as she shot him a smile and a nod. She closed the door behind her as he followed suit.
"How soon can we get to Arkhangelsk?" Nikitin asked, "If we followed the roads. 13 days or less." Lieutenant Colonel Orlov stated, General Popov looked over at the Marshal and Lt. Col. and back at the map, "Do we have any faster means of getting there?"
Marshal Nikitin shook his head as Popov hung his head low, "This is the fastest possible route there is, cutting through woods and mountains would just add more days. And our men would exhaust fast." Lt. Col. Orlov stated, Nikitin looked down at the map and banged his fist against the table, "We're marching onto Moscow anyways, so a march to Arkhangelsk would be a trip to the park." Many of the troops sat by the fire waiting for their soups to boil as Mordred and Tristan were being treated at a field hospital, "I'm gonna gut that cowardly bastard who wounded our legs."
"It is indeed saddening that we had lost them because we had been critically injured." Tristan stated, Mordred grinned as she looked up, "Hey, at least on the bright side we have a master fueled by the Grail to heal us as much as he wants." Before she could get another word out she noticed the troops packing their things up, curious she stopped one of them who happened to be walking by, "Oi, what's going on?" The soldier briefly stated what high command had planned and began to walk away, Tristan spoke up as he got up from the bed, "First Chelyabinsk now Arkhangelsk, I sense a long journey is to come."
Mordred sighed in annoyance as she laid on her back, "Great just what we need another adventure, it was pain enough walking from Chelyabinsk to Perm, now we gotta go somewhere further away." Tristan stopped her from speaking any more, "Please if King Arthur where to hear this attitude it must sadden him deeply." Mordred groaned in disgust at the mention of Arthur, "To Hell with my dad, he couldn't bring victories as great as our Master." The duo was spoked by Popov's sudden voice, "As I'm sure you've heard, we'll be heading to Arkhangelsk. We'll conquer territory as go along the way, but be on your toes we're still at war with the White Army, don't let those royal dog get the best of you. We leave in 15 minutes so pack up whatever you own."
Mash and Ritsuka gather fish at the fish market by the harbor. "Remember Mash, The Stranger entrusted us with ₽200, we should only buy what we need to eat." She nods her head understandingly as she's more entranced in the wonderful feeling of being outdoors holding hands with her senpai. The Stranger leans out the patio across from Scratch who does the same both staring off in the greyish horizon. "Y'know Scathach I was wondering, once this is over would you care to go out with me on a boat ride?" Scathach chuckled lightly as she continued to face the sea, "Already asking me out on a date? You're quite bold."
The Stranger blushed feeling flustered as he took back his question. "I didn't mean it like that. I just meant an innocent ride along the wa-" before he could finish his sentence Scathach hushed him gently as she accepted his proposal, "Well in that case, allow me to treat you, as the Queen of this Palace."
She smiled as she placed her hand on the patio, The Stranger placed his hand over hers gently.