00

"Please, turn to page 629. Alexis, will you read the first page?"

"Of course! In the..." Reginald sighed, looking out of the window beside him. The flowers were in full bloom a really magnificent sight to see, the gardener always seemed to get better every year. He'd have to pick some of those today, Percy deserved beautiful things. The classroom was silent again, Alexis had finished reading her page now waiting for further instructions.

"So, what can we infer about this time period? How did the people live, and how would they have a nice outing? It's important to understand the feelings and places of the past, so we can keep the beautiful emotions they had." He looked up at the clock, 10 minutes until the weekend. Reginald never really cared about the class he taught, the history books were always so drastically wrong, if only they knew of the grand libraries of knowledge that had been burned down. They'd always give him textbook answers, answers he knew was wrong. 

The bell rang. The students got up and collected their belongings, pairing up with friends and discussing plans and classes. He knew two of them had crushes on each other, so he'd make them partner often. It was cute, seeing two people so deeply in love, he wanted that feeling again.

"REGINALD. LET ME INNN." There was pounding on his window, it was Estelle, the gardener. Regi shook his head, pointing to his door.

"I LITERALLY JUST CLIMBED A TREE. THE SECURITY OFFICER IS AT MY HEELLSS." He chuckled; Estelle was beautiful. She had long brown hair with skin that reminded him of fine china, whoever she decided to love was lucky. Regi rolled his eyes and opened the window, letting the feral gardener into the classroom.

"Estelle. You know we have doors for a reason, correct?" He'd scold, Regi didn't want to get fired.

  Now he was home. Most interactions with Estelle flash before his eyes, he'd normally end up dropping her off at her house and scolding her again. Elves can be so troublesome. In the modern world, only few people of myth live on. Vampires were largely eradicated somewhere in the late 1800s, somehow Reginald dodged the vampire hunters. The elves are somewhere, nobody really knows, Estelle prefers hanging out with other people who match her personality. All but the humans are gone. Regi used to be human too, but that was a long, long time ago.