Time to Move!?

The woman stared at me expectingly and I was started to feel dizzy. A hot mug appeared in my hands as Tanya side stepped me away from the front door. I took in the chamomile with a face and looked back at the two having a staring contest.

"An eviction notice must have been sent at minimum of a month prior," Tanya stated as my landlady slipped out a suspicious paper.

"This building has alr-" Tany didn't let her finish before yanking the woman inside and slamming the door. There wasn't even much time for me to get in a "What are you doing?!" As Tanya roughly exposed the old woman's neck and plunged her head down over it. The woman didn't even struggle she just motionlessly swayed to Tanya's slurping.

I gasped, stumbling backwards until I violently slammed my back against my bookcase.

"Dammit! That made everything so much more difficult!" Her eyes glinted red quickly before returning to a subtle blue. I tried not to puke as I heard the sickening thud as my landlady slumped to the floor.

"Don't be such a baby she's not dead just a huge nuisance." I caught Tanya's eyes roll before she turned away with her phone in her ear.

"Hey I just had to feed unnecessarily," she paused for the other end. "Yeah I know... Yeah... Yes... Of course! Yes! Listen can you just set up a place and get triple A to tow her car? ... Yeah use her mother's account-" I couldn't hear the other end but they apparently interrupted her.

"Well duh!" She pocketed her phone and turned back to me.

"We're leaving in my car. Stay here until I open the door and take you out of here myself. Don't answer any knocks. I won't be long okay?" She didn't have time for my response she was already out the door with my apartment key dangling around her neck.

A second passed and there it was, an insistant knocking on the door. I listened to Tanya and just brought myself to my bed. I avoided looking at the lump of my landlady besides my door.

Well, I tried to but she was wearing this bright pink pantsuit and my eyes kept being drawn in by the bright color.

Whoever was at the door was really going at it. What if the door broke down? What was I supposed to do then? I probably should have knocked on wood after that thought.

First my gate slammed open and before I could stand off my bed my door slammed against the wall, the doorknob forcing itself into a deep hole.

~▪︎~

"God you're weak! Wakey, wakey!" Her voice was coming from an odd direction. Not infront of me but from my right and almost above my head. I felt weird too like I was flying or being carried. I tried to remember how I got to this point.

"Where's the land lady-" I couldn't finish because I had flung myself up too hard and hit my head on a device hanging infront of me.

"God you're-" My eyes fluttered open faster this time as I recognized what was happening. I reached my hand to the cup holder expecting the thermas of chamomile and threw it back with a cough.

"Oh. Wow. We'll have to train you to control that better. Your drinking alot of chamomile for a witch. Weak but powerful I guess." Tanya shrugged as I carefully looked infront of me. A stereo like object hung infront of me, while on the dashboard was something like a small laptop.

I looked behind and only found a second set of seats in a cramped space.

"Sorry I couldn't pack much for you. I did grab your laptop-" She was interrupted by a loud insistant meow.

"And your cat!"

"I don't have a cat. That's the apartment stray," I replied to her but with no energy. I looked back at the road infront of us. The landscape was unfamiliar.

The weather was unfamiliar.

"Welcome to Nevada!" Tanya cheered as we passed a sun beaten sign.