Prologue

"Are you insane? Letting your child harbor such a creature is ludicrous!"

"Do you not care for the village?"

"Is death what you want for us?"

You were always told to keep your friends close and your enemies closer but what would happen if they were the same people.

The same people who welcomed my family to the village, shared our resources with us and held us up are now standing before us ready to slit our throats. I'll make this easier for you to understand.

A widespread termination of Pokémon had spread throughout the region, the one in question being Shedinja, the Shed Pokémon. Its reputation claims it steals the souls of people and mainly targets children in particular.

I don't believe in these rumors and try to restore any hope these Pokémon can get. You may think its corny but that won't stop me. I've harbored many of them, keeping them from their dangers, both Pokemon and Humanity.

Mother: "Y/N, wait in the back of the house, we can handle this."

Y/N: "But-"

Father: "Listen, we won't take long. It will be fine."

An obvious lie told by my father, trying to comfort me from what it is to come. I knew he was trying his best but being calm in this type of situation is not easy for anyone and it was obvious on his face. It was nice to know that he was trying though.

Y/N: "I don't want to be the reason you both get into trouble."

Mother: "You're not the reason, Y/N. We've always taught you to stand up for what's right, even when it's tough. This just happens to be a really tough situation and it seems like a difficult one. We'll support each other through this."

Y/N: "I trust you enough. I hope you know what you are doing."

I then left through the back of my house. I was a good distance away so I shouldn't worried. If anyone could get us out of this situation, it would be my pare-

???: Electrode, Use Explosion!

Suddenly, a loud explosion shakes the house. Debris falls, and the walls tremble. Launching a shockwave that was felt for miles.

Y/N: "Wha-"

I realized how severe this situation actually is and dashed towards the back of the house, forcing my way in.

After struggling to make it through the back door, I was presented with smoke and fire, filling up the house. I tried my best to keep sane but-

"They would never be that inhumane"

"This is all just a cruel joke"

It wasn't.

Laying in front of me were 2 mangled bodies, it wasn't too hard to know who they belonged to. I did not know what to do, I just stood there with a expressionless face. Looking back at it now, I don't blame myself for acting like that. A child should never be in that situation.

???: "Seems like I missed one

Turning around, I saw one of the villagers. I never did take the time to get to know their names.

???: "Just stand still, this won't last long."

He sends out a Charizard from his pokeball, while the pokeball on my belt was shaking.

Y/N: Huh?

Shedinja came out of my pokeball, seemingly ready to fight for me.

???: Well, look at that. Two birds, One stone.

Y/N: Shedinja! Get out of here! Go away as fast as you can!

It didn't listen.

"Charizard, use flamethrower"

Shedinja jumped infront of me, trying to save me. I tried to push it away but it just wouldn't budge. It didn't matter in the end though, as I can't remember anything past that point.

We just died.

Together.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright guys, I plan to revamp this book so I'm open to all suggestions and stuff. Sorry for the shit Prologue tho, I am very rusty rn. I'm in a rough patch with life rn so I'll try my best to make things the best for this book.

Tell me your thoughts