Chapter 5 - Extravagant

We switched through the TV programmes without finding anything interesting.

"Oh look — there's Lily!", I shrieked and straightened myself up to point at her.

"Oh right, I forgot to ask her", he realized. He stood up and searched something in his pockets. "I'll phone her." He put one hand in a pocket and walked from the leaving room into the kitchen and back whilst he was speaking with Lily. For a second he laid the phone on his shoulder and glanced at me. "Tomorrow evening?"

I smiled and nodded way too often. "Yeah, that's fine. See you tomorrow, bye", I heard Jamie saying before he returned onto the sofa again.

"I'm already nervous", I crunched.

"You don't have to act like a fan anymore. You're one of the persons in her circle of friends now."

"Me and Lily friends? No, that can't be real."

"It can and it is real. Because of your boyfriend. Just saying", he grinned.

I slapped him onto his upper arm and started laughing too. "You fool."

"We would have been friends even if you weren't my boyfriend, I'm convinced!"

"Sure. How could she not see you in a crowd of thousands of people." His eyes twisted, but his smile remained.

"You're absolutely right. I'm such an extravagant woman, everybody notices me. I'm not to be overlooked", I laughed.

First he laughed with me, but as he turned quiet, he whispered: "No, not for me", and I felt my heart started melting. How could he just found such sweet words everytime were in a situation that isn't made for any sweet utterances?

"What are we going to do tomorrow evening?"

"First I thought you would like to watch her new film and-"

"Love, Rosie?" He nodded.

"And after that we're going to have dinner with Lily", he finished his sentence.

"Am I dreaming?"

"Easy to believe, with such a cool boyfriend by your side", he joked again.

"Don't become conceited", I begged and smiled crooked.

"If you wish so", he smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

"Would be really nice if you could do that for me."

"You know", he started and stared into his palms. "I'm doing so much for you. Because of me you've got this life full of stars and glamour and-"

"Oh god Jamie — stop it! You know I never wanted that! I'm happy with a life with you, without all this, don't you know?" But as I looked into his eyes I saw the tears. It weren't real tears, he just tried to hide his laughter.

"You're making fun, aren't you?"

With this words he couldn't hold it back any longer and started laughing with such a volume. "It's not funny!", I tried to calm him down.

"Oh yes it is", he laughed. "But I know, that you are happy without it. But it's a honour for me to live with you in this situation", he said and gave me a peck on my lips. 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Very unspectacular today, but wait for the next chapters.. :P

xskinny