ₜwₒ

𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲, 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥, 𝐚𝐧𝐝, 𝐮𝐡𝐧𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬

𝐧𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

UPON waking, you felt a softness underneath you. Light streamed in through the sheer curtains, making you blink as you groaned. Your head was aching. Where were you?

The room you were in was quite large, with two doors on either side of you. You presumed one lead to the rest of wherever you were and the other to a washroom. There was a bookshelf full of books and a dark oak wardrobe that seemed to match the wood of the large bed you were on. It was fit for royalty and you slowly pushed yourself up, feeling uneasy.

Quietly sliding off the bed, you made your way to the bookshelf, glancing at the titles. Some were books the High Witch would read to you when you were younger, others you had never heard of. One in particular caught your eye. The Study of Vampires and the Undead.

You had not heard of vampires before. The outside world was so unfamiliar to you, you had only presumed humans and witches had existed. Clasping your hands together, you took in a deep breath. If only you had been taught more then maybe you would understand the situation you were in. You were sure the people that took you could not be human. You were unable to see them in the forest, yet they had approached you without making a sound.

Footsteps sounded from outside the door and you panicked, making your way to the washroom, closing the door behind you as a knock sounded.

"Hello?" A voice called out through your room. You tried to calm your beating heart as you stared at yourself in the mirror. You looked dishevelled but dipped your hands in the clean bucket of water that was placed on the floor and splashed your face, trying to smooth down your hair and clothes.

"I am in the washroom."

"My apologies, I will return once you are decent." The footsteps left and the door shut. You let out a sigh of relief. You had to get out of here before he came back. Opening the door quietly, you walked as quietly as possible to the large window in your room. You tried to slide it open but it would not budge. You let out a small groan and stopped for a second, concentrating as you let yourself be filled with strength that was not yours. The window opened and your legs almost gave way.

Using magic like this meant you had to give something in return. The power of strength did not belong to you. Catching your breath, you tugged out a strand of your hair and threw it out the window, making sure it touched the earth beneath you. "Thank you," you whispered out and climbed outside, gathering your dress and robe.