Talk About Killer Emotions

My fear? You've got to be kidding me.

I was sitting there with a face that told him I had a hard time understanding, or believing what he just told me.

He shifted in his chair, gesturing his hand out as he spoke.

"Now I know what you're thinking, how can your emotions kill someone?"

I still didn't feel comfortable about the while idea of 'killing' and 'me' being in the same sentence.

"But really if you can get past the unthinkable, then it makes perfect sense..."

The unthinkable, "Huh." I laughed to myself, shaking my head.

He went on with his attempt of an explanation of how I wasn't the one with their blood on my hands,

"You see, there's so much more in this world than we are aware of; So many undiscovered gems as one can say. Each person is unique in their own way; either it's personality, hair color, eye shape, race, or maybe even something more extravagant."

I looked to him suddenly, eyeing him as he held his gaze to mine.

He cleared his throat. "So tell me what you think a unique attribute would be, exotic if you will." His eyes stared, patiently waiting for a response. He seemed a bit nervous or worried in his facial expressions, but his body language told otherwise; more comfortable and relaxed.

I pondered over it for a moment before answering like the smart ass I was. "I dunno, someone with crazy good looks and a great brain as well, because we all know those two don't seem to match these days."

He chuckled, humored by my response, "So then tell me, which do you think I am? Smart, or good looking? I am a doctor after all."

I rolled my eyes, not wanting to tell him my response. He'd gotten around that one pretty easily.

"Alright, but seriously this time, what do you think is uncommon for a human being to have?" He continued to press a sufficient answer from me, probably only to prove me wrong.

I rubbed my lips together briefly as I thought about it for real this time, "Someone born with a natural talent you mean? Because there are plenty of those around, and most are famous because of that talent now."

He tilted his head from side to side thinking about my answer. "Mm, that's close. It's the same principle, but like I said, it's more extreme. You've read those super hero novels or watched the movies, right?"

I nodded, "Yeah? And don't tell me those are the type of attributes some people have. It's just too cliche" I laughed to myself briefly, meeting his gaze again and he was silent.

"You're pulling my leg, seriously that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, I mean sure it'd be cool to have a super power and what not like flight or something, but come on; you and I both know its not possible." I rambled on.

He raised his dark brows, "But is it really?"

________

I closed my eyes, a headache emerging from the back of my head to the front.

"I'm sorry, this is probably a lot to think about, but it always is every time, even I have yet to fully understand how it works." He apologized.

I held up my hand, while the other pressed against my forehead. "No-no, it's not that. It's just I'm so struck that someone like you would really believe in shit like that. Felt like a kick to the head, I thought you might have actually proven me wrong before about there being someone smart and had a good face, but I guess you've just lost the brains by stepping onto the crazy train." I paused for a moment, opening my eyes an glancing towards him, seeing an amused half smile on his face.