Chapter 5: A Glimpse Of Hope

~Megan Lockheart~

"Bye!" I slipped my phone back into my pocket. Shoot! She's catching up. Just for you to know, I am chasing life and I am being chased- by a zombie. I was running- no, more like sprinting towards any zombie-free spot I could find but oh, this place is full of them. 

"Graaa....grraaa....warrrfff....." The zombie moaned. Really now?!

"What was that?" I asked not looking back.

"Crraaaaa........gurr.........Waaan.....Deee..."

"1D? Oh, excuse me but they're mine honey. So bye bye for now." I smirked spotting a metal folding chair, I paused and got a hold of it as quick as I can. Limping towards me, the zombie could have gotten angry to hear me say those words so I swung the chair and there goes a home run! Straight to the face!

"Boo yah!" I for once, am very proud myself. It's just like winning over an arcade bet.

" Coooo.....craa.....weeee..... " Oops! Back to reality. 

 I sneaked in by the back stage, hopefully there are none of those eaters around. I spotted a tent that's been labelled as "One Direction"

Oh my ZOMG....One Direction's Tent!!!

So, like I have any other choice, I separated the zip line and hurdled inside.  

Wait, is that-

"Paul! Oh thank goodness, I need help. Well, I guess we both do. Um..you do know about the whole tragedy going on outside, do you?" I waited but he doesn't seem to react. He just stood there, facing the tent barrier. It couldn't be he's-

"Raaawwwrrrr....." Yep, he is.

I gasped, and without any other thoughts, I threw him 5 of the most precious things on Earth- 

One Direction's Microphones. I'm so sorry...it's all that's near. 

I trembled and stepped away. The back of Paul's head had been eaten out. It's probably the worst thing I've seen for today and -that's it. I've seen enough. I hopped out of the tent and once again, there's no where to run. I've been running for 20 minutes finding a place to stay for a bit and dodging zombies in my way. It's crazier than it seems. You have no idea what I've been through. 

Since that little face to face with zombie Paul and running to who knows where, pretty much I have just been hopping from store to store, spotting zombies everytime. I had just no idea where else to go. Is this the end of me? What about Ghella..and Valerie? What about my mother? What about....everything that I lived for? Is it all going to vanish? Or will I vanish as well?

There's only  one way to find out. I heaved and took a deep breath. Sighing, I kept on my pace and accelerated knowing how many zombies must be chasing me now. I kept looking and saw that their number had increased. I cried, my feet still moving. "Ahhh!!!!!!!!!" I screamed and before I knew it, every zombie is heading towards my direction.  

But then suddenly...

BUMP!

"Ow...." I scratched my head feeling a bit droopy. What was that? I opened my eyes to see a bit more and that's when I realized.

"Are you hurt love?" His voice, I know for sure that it sounds so familiar. "I'm fine.." I say, getting up between my knees. 

"We can't stay long in here, they're coming" And another familiar husky voice comes in.

"I think I know where to stay..."That Irish accent...