5-Nurse's Office

Next time I looked up, four nurses, all dressed in long lilac coats, were towering over us.

Each one of them had curly red hair sticking out from under their hats, which matched their uniforms.

They said nothing, and their vibes were off too; they looked as though they wanted to kill us rather than help us.

Nevertheless the three of us followed them into the vast room.
It was so open and empty, and looked more like a dance studio or theatre than somewhere any doctor would be working.

The beds we had to lie on were framed with fake gold.
Straps came over our bodies, and the cushioning was far from comfortable.

While lay helplessly in a single-file line, the nurses wheeled us about the room.
What they were doing made no sense to me.

Mel and Angelita were too far away from me to be able to talk to them without being potentially punished or scolded for opening my mouth.

Barely being able to turn my head in time, every now and again I had a quick glimpse of each of my friends, but we were then swiftly trundled off another way.
By the time we were finally still, my headache was worse and now my neck was hurting too from straining it so much.

Through an aperture in the side of my bed, I poked my finger through.
I was comforted by the touch of Melanie's hand to mine while the nurses rushed around, creating clangs with their medical equipment.

I squinted to see what they were messing with, but it was too difficult to make out.

There was a small table and draped over it was a white blanket/cloth.
On top of that was a silver tray, containing gaudy scalpels, needles and other things I couldn't identify.

I scrambled my hand around in Melanie's bed.
"Y/n, what are you doing?"
She hissed in her quietest voice.
But I couldn't answer yet, I was too concentrated. She'd see.

I yanked on the shackles and buckles, soon they loosened, and she was free to move.
Angelita and I were flopping around like fish on land as Mel struggled to let us out.
The nurses must have been very busy to give us this amount of time.
And how they didn't hear us panting was a mystery.

Once we were all up and running towards the doors, we were forced to skid to a hault when 4 men marched out before us.
They stood in a line to block our escape route.

They looked the same as the guards who had carried Henry away in art class, except these ones had furry, grey rabbit masks on their heads.

Stuck, we were all grabbed by the nurses who were now paying attention, and shoved back down- this time I think the buckles may've been tighter, or maybe it was just because I was trying even harder to get us away this time.

Two of them were armed with syringes, and another a bottle.
The bottle was small and golden-brown, similar to whatever substance was in the syringes.
Also, there was quite a large amount of it in the syringes.

They pranced over to us, looking confident.
I curled my finger around Melanie's to prepare both of us.

Our beds were extremely close together, so I assumed they'd move us apart to be able to reach.
To my surprise, they just put up with the struggle of leaning over.

As Melanie was in the middle, the nurse came behind her head.
One of them came to my right, and the last one to Angelita's left.

The one behind Mel was holding the bottle.
I craned my neck in order to view what was happening.

The nurse unscrewed the lid of the bottle.
She held Mel's chin to keep her mouth open and poured the thick liquid onto her tongue.

Despite how it appeared in the bottle, the drug was white and bubbled by the opening until it landed in a puddle between Mel's lips.