When it's meant to be.

April, 2023

April, 2023

Harry checked himself one last time in the rear-view mirror after turning the radio off. He then adjusted his shades back to where they were before they slipped down the bridge of his nose. Before stepping out of his car, he grabbed his coat and his suitcase with an easy smile on his lips, dimples digging deeper when an omega, he recognized from three floors down, waved at him.

"Good morning, Mr. Styles." She was quite pretty and there was a flirty scent flowing off of her, mixed with something floral.

He politely greeted her back and went on his way down to the parking lot of the building he'd worked at for about two years at that point. He was an assistant district attorney, defending the forgotten and those who had faced injustice by the system - usually taking on every pro bono case he could handle at once; he was his mom's golden boy, really.

He was approached by several other employees and smiled at every single one of them, except Niko from Civil Rights because fuck him, really. Harry shook his head when he got in the lift, laughing to himself when the beta guy flipped him off like every day in that joking manner between the two of them since he lost a bet to him - it was entirely his fault in the first place but still, the way their eyes shoot daggers at each other made Niko chuckle every morning.

His office was on the 23rd floor and it took him a while to get there, always enjoying whichever lounge music played in the elevator. Lena, his beloved secretary, honestly bless her, wasn't at her desk, which was just down the hall from his door. Harry didn't think much of it - she would definitely let him know if something had come up and she wouldn't be showing up to work, so she was most probably having some coffee with her wife a few floors down.

Working in a building as big as that one, with a number close to 500 employees, was definitely a challenge when it came to his physiology. There were too many scents flowing through the air 24/7, most of them belonging to omegas and betas, and it wasn't really a bother. Of course it was advised for people to use scent blockers whenever they felt like it and many of them did, but Harry had made a huge speech about being proud of who you are and accepting the others as they are as well. So if people couldn't act like civilized human beings around scents, Harry definitely didn't want them in his building. Oh yes, he owned the building, so not only was he the youngest ADA in the state of New York at the age of 28, but he also had bought the whole building with the stupid inheritance that his grandfather left for him; it was so immense and ludicrous that he could simply not charge a lot of people and still make a lot of money with the Styles Law firm - which is exactly what he and most of the lawyers in his company did.

He made sure to interview everyone who applied for a job in the company personally, even if they had their own area or jurisdiction, if he didn't like the person, based on how they answered simple questions about society and civil rights and equality, he would make sure to transfer them out as soon as possible. And when he couldn't hold the interviews himself, he'd ask Lena to do it for him, that's how qualified she was. A true blessing in his life. She used to be a cop from Special Victims Unit but a bad injury from a gunshot put her behind a desk and instead of staying in law enforcement, she decided to help with the law itself, as a personal secretary for the best firm in town, being the perfect example as to why people should never belittle people for their jobs.