Chapter 5: Changing Fates part 5

In the north west part of the City of Vale, the members of Team BRNZ struggle to keep themselves alive as they are surrounded by the creatures of grimm from each side. Moments ago, their team were on route to the evacuation zone until their aircraft was hit by an incoming nevermore. Luckily all of the passengers survive, but some are heavily injured and all of them are forced into a corner by the heavy amount of land grimm.

Despite being put into a despairing position, the team brave themselves to protect the passengers. Remembering that this is what they signed up for. The leader, Brawnz Ni, keeps his composure in leading his team. However, the grimm would soon be overwhelmed as many of the flying grimms would land with them as their future meal.

The leader's persistence is wavered as he sees one of his teammates, Roy Stallion, being dragged away by a giant nevermore. The grimm's talon clutching into his shoulder as it begins to take flight. Brawnz, and his other teammate, Nolan Porfirio, tries to save him by holding onto Roy's legs. Their only female teammate, May Zedong, is not able to help due to her legs being injured from the crash. She could only provide cover fire at the moment until she runs out of bullets.

Roy: Ahhh!

Nolan: Hang on Roy! May, do something!

May: I can't! I'm out of ammo!

Roy: Just let me go guys! Else you'll die!

Brawnz: Come on man! Don't say shit like that! We're going to sav- gah!!

A beowulf has sneaked its way and is now attacking Brawnz. Now, their continued struggles become more difficult as they try to save themselves and their friend from being the grimm's next menu.

Brawnz: Come on! I gotta do something! If only this damn beowolf get out of the w-!

Then, a whip with sharp blades wrapped itself around the beowolf's neck and pulled it away from Brawnz. As Brawnz tries to process what just happened, the beowulf is tossed to the nevermore that was grabbing Roy followed by a bullet being shot and an explosion. Thus, killing both of the grimm. The whole team and the other passengers are stupefied by what happened. Including the grimms who look towards the source.

They looked to see that the ones that caused the attack is a particular duo, ones who we recognise as Ryan Seth and Petra Ares, are heading towards them. Seeing that a threat had appeared, the grimm set their sights on their targets and is now running towards the duo. Seeing that an attack was coming, the duo prepared themselves. Ryan changes his lever-action rifle: Boomstick I from its sniper mode to a short regular rifle and pulls out his handgun: Boomstick II. Petra prepares her whip sword: Temperish Beauty by putting in fire dust ammunition into her weapon's handle.

Ryan shoots down the incoming grimm whilst Petra leaps in the air and whips her weapon horizontally to the next wave of grimm. No matter how close the grimm gets to them, the duo manage to find ways to kill them first. On one occurence, Ryan uses Boomstick I on an incoming giant nevermore by extending it in its mouth and shoots the insides with Boomstick II. Petra would use Temperish Beauty to whip it around and sometimes toss a grimm to another. Sometimes, both of them would use their semblances to gain the upper hand.

Ryan would activate Mental Discord to make the grimm fight against one another. While Petra would use Rageful Rupture to melt any incoming grimm when she is occupied with killing another. Soon, the grimm numbers are reduced and the remaining grimm would run away. Seeing that the battle is over the two turn their heads to the BRNZ team and the passengers who are awed by what they had witnessed in front of them.

Ryan: You guys look you need some help.

Petra: We're here to help bring you to the safezone. Those who can still walk, support the injured anyway you can.