Prologue

When she fell, she fell apart. The feeling inside her slowly ate away at her mind, turning her guilt to sadness. It was sad; a once bright, bubbly girl was rotting away, turning into someone nobody ever thought she would be.  She was slowly losing everyone who was close to her, but she knew she could never tell the truth. She was sworn to secrecy. The night that changed everything, could never be spoken of again. That night was the night her life slowly started to fall apart. She spent every day she had left recovering from the destructive events of that night. That girl was Taylor.

Taylor was the friendliest girl you had ever met. She had shoulder length brunette hair with bangs cut to complement her face shape. Her eyes were a rich blue similar to that of the ocean. She occasionally wore black framed glasses, when she needed to see far away. She wore black mainly; she was told it would complement her figure more. Taylor hated conforming, but she had somehow become so used to wearing black she hated wearing anything with colour.

Taylor lived on her own. She had moved out at 18, due to her chequered relationships with her parents. Taylor didn't love her parents, nor did she hate them. Taylor's dad left when she was 8, after her mum caught him being unfaithful. That was the catalyst to the distortion of her relationship with them. Taylor's mum, Adele, never had the gall to talk to Taylor about their separation which severely affected their relationship. Taylor started to lose respect for her mother as a result of her dishonesty. After a few years, Adele had given up hope of ever hearing from Taylor again after reevaluating how badly she had treated her.