Late Again

Nick, Tina and I walk together towards the cafeteria.

"Well, what do you guys think of the new teacher?" Nick asks us
"I think he's kinda a jerk." I say to him
"Karen, you haven't even given him a chance." Tina says
"Well, he already threatened to tell the dean on us and now, he's giving us a test tomorrow. Sounds like a jerk to me." I tell her

Nick laughs

"Yeah, I agree with Tina, we need to give him a chance. Besides, I saw the way you were looking at him when he smiled at you walking out of the class just now." Nick says
I blush
"Well, I never said he wasn't cute. You can be cute and be a jerk at the same time you know." I tell him
"Come on, lets eat, I'm starving." Nick tells us laughing as we enter the cafeteria
A couple of hours later, I find myself in the back of Shawn's car parked at the park, with him awkwardly groping me. I'm annoyed...

"Hey, Shawn, I gotta get back to the dorm and study for my calculus exam tomorrow." I tell him
"What? You don't need no calculator class Karen, that's what they have calculators for." he tells me

I breathe out a loud sigh

"It's called calculus Shawn. And yes, I need it to graduate. Besides, I get tired of always making out in your car, you need your own place." I tell him
"Baby, you know my situation. I dropped out of college and I'm trying to make it big as a rap star, thats why I gotta live with my parents still." he says
"Shawn, you're 25 years old, you need your own place and if you haven't made it by now as a rap star, you never will." I tell him annoyed.
"Oh its like that huh?" Shawn says opening the car door.

I open my door and get in the front seat.

"Please Shawn, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. Just take me back to the dorm please." I tell him

He gets in the driver's seat and starts the car.

"Yeah, ok, I'll take you back." he says to me as we drive off.

We get back to the dorm, I kiss Shawn goodbye and head to my room. When I get there, I find Tina sitting on her bed crying. I sit down next to her on the bed.

"What's wrong Tina? Is it Trap again?" I ask

She nods her head yes.

"What did he do this time?" I ask
"He dosen't want me to continue school. He thinks its a waste of time. Then he called me a bad name." She tells me through tears.
"Look Tina, he's just jealous cause his life didn't turn out the way he wanted. He's 36 years old and he has nothing to show for it. You need to break up with him." I tell her hugging her.
"I can't Karen, I love him." she tells me
"Teens, he's not the one for you. I think you can do much better. He doesn't respect you Teens." I tell her
"He does Karen, you don't know him the way I do." she tells me.
"Well, I know that everytime you come from seeing him, you're never happy, just like now." I tell her
"Look lets just study for the test tomorrow, I don't wanna talk about it anymore, ok." she tells me
"Ok, fine. But I'm tired, I'm going to bed." I tell her
"Karen, what about the test tomorrow? You need to study." she tells me
"I'll be fine Teens. Don't need to study." I tell her as I change my clothes and get in the bed.
"Ok Karen, I just hope you pass this test." she tells me opening her calculus book
"Good night Teens." I tell her as I turn over and go to sleep.

I awaken the next morning and look over at the clock. Oh sh**!!! Its 8:30 in the morning! We're 30 minutes late for Mr.Jackson's class!

"Tina!! Wake up!!" I shout and throw my pillow over at her in the bed.
She wakes up and looks at the clock.
"Oh my God! We're 30 minutes late! Mr.Jackson's gonna kill us!" She yells as she jumps out of bed.

We both scramble around the room, throw some clothes on and run out the door. We run across campus and make it to the building. We stand at the door to compose ourselves before we open it. We open the door and walk in. The class is taking the test and Mr.Jackson is sitting at his desk. He looks up at us when we walk in.

"Well, well..if it isn't the Smith sisters. Glad you could make it to class to take the test." He says to us as he hands us the test.

I look over at Nick and he smiles and shakes his head at us.

"We're sorry Mr.Jackson, we overslept." I say
"Didn't I tell you girls to be on time today?" he says
"Yes, you did. We're sorry." Teens says
"Look, I wanna see you two after class." he tells us glaring at us angrily.
"Yes sir." I say as we walk to the back of the room and take our seats.

I sit down and look at the test and I know I'm in trouble. I don't know any of this stuff. I look up and Mr.Jackson is staring at me with a look of anger on his face. We lock eyes and I get a hot sensation in the pit of my stomach. He's hot as hell when he's angry. I look away from him and back down at my test. I say a small prayer in hopes that it helps me pass the test. I don't need another reason for Mr.Jackson to be angry at me. Or maybe I do...he's sexy when he's angry...

I guess my way through the whole test and finish quickly. I look up from the test and Mr. Jackson is still staring at me but this time his expression is not of anger, its of desire. Maybe I'm reading his expression wrong but, I've seen that look on men's faces before. We lock eyes again and I look away quickly. His look has an effect on me I can't explain. The bell rings and the class returns their test papers to the front of the room. Tina and I stay seated due to Mr.Jackson's request that he wanted to see us after class. Nick walks past our desks.

"Good luck you two." he says to us
"Yeah, thanks bro. I think we're gonna need it." I say back to him.

Tina and I are left sitting at our desks in the back of the classroom. Mr.Jackson is seated at his desk at the front of the room.

"Tina, you can go." he says without looking up from his desk.

Tina and I look at each other confused.

"What! Why does she get to go?" I ask
"Cause I know you were the cause of being late Karen." he says without looking up from his desk.
"Go ahead sis. I'll catch up with you later." I tell Teens.
"Good luck Karen." she tells me as she gathers her things and leaves the room.

Mr.Jackson and I are left alone in the classroom