𖤐 dedication. 𖤐

SCINTILLA
a taelice au
prod. staerryy 2022.

— ➷ —

extended summary

scintilla (n.) ; a tiny trace or spark of a specified quality or feeling.

➷  Back when they were twelve, Lisa had sworn to keep a lie in regard to Taehyung's precious smile. Years later, her little lie summed up to be a whirlpool of aching emotions scintillating their hearts, with a realisation that secrets can never stay hidden for long.

— ➷ —

genres and warnings

childhood friends to lovers, taelice feat. jennie (although jennie's appearance in the book is comparable to the chances of lisa getting a dance break in bp's discography 🤡), there's an inexistent love triangle?, coming-of-age au, fluff, slow burn but very little angst (yeah you heard that from me), epistolary au, minor bullying in childhood, friendship banter, catfishing? but actually it's not, a very slight smut cause i didn't want to ruin the innocence of the fic (don't come after my neck), there are some exaggerated tragic scenes that could be worth some crying but that's all about it. oh wait there's an ending.... the ending :)

— ➷ —

advisory

the word count of this fic is trauma inducing. proceed with caution.

— ➷ —

inspiration

the fic derives a vague inspiration from an early 2000s bollywood film, mujhse dosti karoge? (translation: will you be my friend?) i guess the question mark doesn't exactly apply in the title but anyway let's digress!🫶

ps: i haven't actually watched the film since a long time, however, i watched a review/roast of it on youtube roughly sometime around early 2020 which prompted me to throw in some sense in my writings lmao—

by the way, some (new) readers have always been keen to know where i am from, so this is one way to expose myself haha. i'm indian by nationality <3

— ➷ —

notes

don't take this as a joke cause here's a serious confession i wanted to plug in before starting the book: i was never entitled to write this fic in the first place. there's no exact reason for it, just that i made this idea 2 long years ago (in quarantine that's correct!) and did write a few excerpts, however i had to immediately abandon it because it felt like i was writing something that made absolutely zero percent of sense from head to toe and eventually i lost faith in it. i had literally titled its first draft as 'junkyard archive' lmao.

this fic has a few epistolary elements that are quite hard to explain in a narrative sense. so if my narrative flushes down the drain somewhere in the middle of the plot, have my sincere apologies in advance cause this book is not edited as my bestie/reliable beta reader is currently preoccupied with her thesis work and i abandoned my university entrance prep for completing this.

oh yes, thanking wattpad for allowing this fic to see the light of the day as the app conveniently deleted the draft of another taelice fic i was an inch 🤏 close to completing and me being a lost cause never saved a backup of the final document🫠 although in a good way, it did encourage me to pick this draft for a fresh start 😅 hopefully this one doesn't disappoint though!!🥲

let's commence on this note!🤍
happy reading.