𖤐 the pages between us. 𖤐

❝How far can you go with a lie?❞━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━word count— 25k (yeet!)━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

How far can you go with a lie?
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
word count
— 25k (yeet!)
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

N A R R A T I O N

Lalisa remembered Kim Taehyung from the first time she met him at the ripe age of six; she was the younger six between the two of them.

It felt like their fates had been sealed with each other since the beginning of time — Lisa had shifted with her parents in a small town in Daegu back then, far away from the bustling cityscape, where houses were separated by asphalt roads and lush greens in between.

As a natural instinct, moving places was somewhat fearful for the little girl, for she wasn't sure if she could find someone of her age to play with. Lisa wasn't prepared to face new people neither did the child have the foresight to run away when she met strangers; but eventually realised she didn't need it at all when a certain lad drove past her window on his red bicycle with metallic blue rimmed wheels.

In the same breath, she remembered how his tanned skin glowed in the sunlight and the stark dark hair blowed every time there was a gush of fresh breeze, the strands of hair sifting away to expose his forehead.

She observed from the window of her room at the boy who travelled some distance before tracing back the same route, pausing momentarily right before the porch of her new home and suddenly, he jumped from his bike seat — over enthusiastically squealing, "this house isn't abandoned anymore!"

The second time, Lisa had met the boy was on the playground. She had watched him play alone in the sand pit after he had politely declined the offer to watch a movie suggested by his other friends.

The girl wasn't really meaning to eavesdrop on the conversation but happened to overhear it when she walked right into the playground; her curiosity then peaked at the certain fellow, and she wondered how could playing in the sand be any more enthralling than watching a movie. Something in her little thinking cap urged her to be friends with him.

She marched up to him and asked if he wanted to build a sandcastle together with her, to which he had smiled brighter than any stars in the sky then, basking in his enjoyment of making a new friend; he scooted over in the box, sand clinging to his legs.

His smile resembled one like those stretched square shapes her teachers had taught her in nursery school — the smile, ever so delightful and outstretched and the soft squint of his eyes that sparkled when he patted the space beside him.

That day, Lisa had learnt two things about the boy.

One, he was an easy conversationalist who could go on for hours as long as someone truthfully listened to him;