My What Long Nails You Have

Thursday night I got on the elevator alone and pushed 32 and the "door close" button.   As the door was closing, a woman's hand with unusually long bright red painted fingernails (about two inches) stopped the elevator doors from closing.   The doors reopened, and a 40 something year old woman got on the elevator.  She was wearing a lot of makeup and her hair was perfectly coifed (with lots of hair spray).  The look did not really surprise me given the long long red fingernails.  Standing by the elevator button panel, and guessing it wasn't easy for her to push buttons with such long fingernails, I asked her which floor.  She said 26, and I pushed it.   The elevator door closed, and we started our journey.   I smiled at her and told her that her long fingernails came in handy tonight giving her those extra inches to stop this elevator door  from closing saving her precious minutes.  She chuckled and said that was exactly why she grew her nails so long, waving her claw of nails at me.   She smiled deviously and then told me that I had no idea all the cool things she could do with her excessively long nails.   Luckily just then, the elevator door stopped on 26, the door opened, and lady long nails stepped  off.   As the elevator door was closing, she turned around and gave me a wink, a smile, and another claw of fingernails.  OMG!  I stepped a little further to the back of the elevator, and rode the rest of the way up to 32 thinking about all the different things one could do with such long nails.....  I looked down at my own fingernails made a mental note to trim mine later tonight so as not to scare the neighbors.